Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

a huddersfield fans opinion.

???

Right. I was speaking to some Hudders fans and they were really nice people but on the way out there was a load of them shouting and arguing with us and just being total twats.

I imagine the altercation went something like this; (Gorry can be seen on the right using ageing technology)

[YT]Ir--7xxDGl4[/yt]

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3853028 said:
I imagine the altercation went something like this; (Gorry can be seen on the right using ageing technology)

[YT]Ir--7xxDGl4[/yt]

LOL!

That actually made me laugh alot. I think you would turn gay for Danny Dyer :laugh:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It it 1987/88, and the Albion are at home to Manchester City, who are seeking promotion, in a match in April at the Goldstone. The ballboys are organised by a fridge salesman called Keith Cuss, who is a true legendary fan, a bit nuts, but a big heart. Keith sorts out the ball boy tracksuits, gives them instructions, does everything, using his own time and money.

Keith also does some of the ball boy duties himself.

The match is a cracker, and the Albion manage (I think via Sir Garry Nelson) to go two-one up with ten minutes to go. City are pressing for an equaliser, and the ball is cleared by the Albion for a throw in near to Keith, it is thrown back by the crowd, and Keith then heads it BACK into the crowd, and the City players and management go beserk.

Keith establishes himself as a true legend, but is SACKED by Ron Pavey the following Monday morning after the story hits the tabloids and City make a formal complaint.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
It it 1987/88, and the Albion are at home to Manchester City, who are seeking promotion, in a match in April at the Goldstone. The ballboys are organised by a fridge salesman called Keith Cuss, who is a true legendary fan, a bit nuts, but a big heart. Keith sorts out the ball boy tracksuits, gives them instructions, does everything, using his own time and money.

Keith also does some of the ball boy duties himself.

The match is a cracker, and the Albion manage (I think via Sir Garry Nelson) to go two-one up with ten minutes to go. City are pressing for an equaliser, and the ball is cleared by the Albion for a throw in near to Keith, it is thrown back by the crowd, and Keith then heads it BACK into the crowd, and the City players and management go beserk.

Keith establishes himself as a true legend, but is SACKED by Ron Pavey the following Monday morning after the story hits the tabloids and City make a formal complaint.

Thanks for that, now I know who Keith Cuss is :laugh:.

But yesterday when we were on the attack in stoppage time they were just sitting there doing nothing at all. Really annoyed me.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks for that, now I know who Keith Cuss is :laugh:.

But yesterday when we were on the attack in stoppage time they were just sitting there doing nothing at all. Really annoyed me.

It annoyed me too, but I'm not sure it justifies calling their fans cvnts though.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
No it showed Clark making a cock out of himself - as did the football league show.

I meant the vulgar homophobic shit that was very clearly heard. Still while we role with the 21st century we'll leave some in the 20th

Yes, that disappointed me; I had thought Hudds fans were above that. Still, I have usually found Carlisle fans to be down to earth and friendly and being fair, those at Brunton Park were, but there was a load of homophobic garbage on their board before the game up there. It doesn't bother me personally that much, but don't these knuckledragging idiots think for a moment that there might be the odd gay fan among their supporters?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
mmm Sure Ken Brown will be delighted by that as he is a Liverpudlian.

I could be wrong, but I don,t think Ken Brown would be 'delighted' with anything I say about him.

To be honest, I,m not overly fond of him, but I camouflage my true thoughts about him quite well.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I could be wrong, but I don,t think Ken Brown would be 'delighted' with anything I say about him.

To be honest, I,m not overly fond of him, but I camouflage my true thoughts about him quite well.

I was full of admiration at the Barnet game when standing behind you, I mild 'tsk, tsk' and that was it :)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I was full of admiration at the Barnet game when standing behind you, I mild 'tsk, tsk' and that was it :)

Why thankyou......that is word for word, exactly as I remember the incident.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There was another comical moment a few seasons back in front of the South Stand. It was a wet evening and true to form on our throws the ball-boys passed a dry ball to our player and on their throws left the opposition to use the wet ball. This was winding up one of their players who when the ball went out demanded the dry ball from the ball boy.

To cheers from the South Stand the ball boy bounced the dry ball to the opposition player. Via a big puddle. Classic.

It happens. Just laugh at it.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I don't think we can really complain about the ball boys, can we? If our club captain decides not to defend a free kick only a minute after we have taken the lead, we have only ourselves to blame.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would he wave at the linesman demanding a card? It looked to me like he was waving an imaginary flag.. i.e. the linesman didn't flag for the penalty.

That's the way I saw it. It took the ref a few seconds to decide to award the penalty.

To reply to htfc - possession of the ball is not time wasting. You may not like it but it is legal and it's up to your players to get it off him or intercept the pass when he does pass it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, that disappointed me; I had thought Hudds fans were above that. Still, I have usually found Carlisle fans to be down to earth and friendly and being fair, those at Brunton Park were, but there was a load of homophobic garbage on their board before the game up there. It doesn't bother me personally that much, but don't these knuckledragging idiots think for a moment that there might be the odd gay fan among their supporters?

There is as much chance of gay fans as we have. It's simple laws of averages innit. It does annoy me sometimes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here