Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A great way to reduce unemployment

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If we brought back hanging and transportation to outer space then that could help too.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Two words >>>> NATIONAL SERVICE !
If you leave school at 16 or 18 you go straight in 3-4 years.
If you go to Uni you do it when you finish Uni, for 3-4 years.
Men and Women.
If you refuse to do it, you go to a borstal style military prison for the duration and learn discipline, respect and a trade their instead.

Problem solved !!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
National Service could be the answer! Even one of my son's friend's said as much the other day!!!!

I think my son would benefit greatly from a stint in the forces!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Men and Women.
If you refuse to do it, you go to a borstal style military prison for the duration and learn discipline, respect and a trade their instead.

Problem solved !!!

Yes that's the way they did it in Nazi Germany...worked brilliantly there eh?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Was discussing it with a client on the way back from the airport and we decided that DC should reintroduce work houses.

You are a prize ****! I never wished anything bad on anyone until I ran across your ignorant, uniformed and immature views on unemployment. Thankfully you are in a massive minority and maybe you want to spend the rest of your life pondering why

Oct 25, 2003
Men and Women.

Problem solved !!!

do you really want hundreds of thousands of people in our military who have absolutely no interest in being there? would be great in a war that would

you say "men and women".....do you really expect pregnant women to serve in the miltary....for FOUR YEARS?! so they would have to give birth and raise a child whilst fighting in a war?!

to be honest, and i'm far from a military man, but i doubt those serving by choice would be too thrilled about serving alongside a load of people who are completely disinterested....would you trust someone like that with your life?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm considering going for a little stint in the services. Nothing else about at the moment.

I wonder if my awful eye sight will put them off a tad.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought they were known as Mcdonalds and Tesco these days

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Was discussing it with a client on the way back from the airport and we decided that DC should reintroduce work houses.

As the economy isn't providing the jobs, there are people searching for work who can't find one. I just hope you don't find yourself in this position.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Men and Women.

Problem solved !!!

National Service could be the answer! Even one of my son's friend's said as much the other day!!!!

Yes, problem solved. Oh, hang on....George, George, Mr Osbourne, we need to fund approx. 1million 16-18 year olds going into National Service each year, have you got some spare wedge from the budget at all please!?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Men and Women.

Problem solved !!!
But what would they actually do? The armed forces don't actually produce anything (except dead bodies).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Men and Women.

Problem solved !!!

National Service would indeed solve some of the youth unemployment problem and also benefit the individuals BUT it would be more expensive than JSA and tie up valuable military personnel.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why does it have to be for 18 year olds? That seems so unfair.

Why don't we put people over 65 in the army. Hear me out. No, listen. There is going to be real problems in the NHS dealing with an ageing population. We could solve all that. Patch em up in some khakis and stick a gun in their hands and pack em off to the trouble hot spots. Bang bang bang!

Come on! Don't resist this one! We could film the battles and sell them as snuff DVDs and make a revenue stream for govt to invest in jobs for the youth.

I'm sensing this isn't going to go down well. Sod ya then. Remember that as you're watching governments underinvest in care for pensioners and we are seeing old people die without care. They could have gone out with a grenade in their hand and a platoon like finish.

I'll get my coat.

Oct 25, 2003
Yeah, that will help!
So you got a degree 4 years ago and have done NOTHING in your area of expertise since then? And in that time your work experience is NOTHING?
:ffsparr:

you're forgetting that recently qualified teachers shouldn't be educating future generations they should be learning RESPECT......for four years of course

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The way to reduce unemployment, is to make it less attractive. Stop handing out cash and give people vouchers to buy what they need to get by. When they realise they cant spend them on fags and booze they will soon get off there arse's and work for £16-£20k a year instead turning there noses up at such jobs. Problem today is everybody wants £500 a week in their hand before they will get out of bed.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
do you really want hundreds of thousands of people in our military who have absolutely no interest in being there? would be great in a war that would

you say "men and women".....do you really expect pregnant women to serve in the miltary....for FOUR YEARS?! so they would have to give birth and raise a child whilst fighting in a war?!

to be honest, and i'm far from a military man, but i doubt those serving by choice would be too thrilled about serving alongside a load of people who are completely disinterested....would you trust someone like that with your life?

I don't think you have even half thought about the possibilities. National service does not in any sense mean send them to war or to serve with our full time military.

Kids will have the option (when leaving school) to either go, full-time military (3.5 years minimum term) or NS (2 year minimum term).
Those who choose NS won't be thrown in with any full-time servicemen, they will have their own barracks, bases and operational training areas that won't interfere with our full timers.
During the minimum 2 years, the recruits have similar study options to that of a college. For example recruits can do A-Levels, Btecs, GNVQ's and the rest.
During the two years, the recruits will not only have study options, they will have daily exercise drills to stay fit and healthy, general/military (British) history education and team building skills in order to help kids integrate with other people.

I've got so much more to say on the subject but I don't want to waste my time and let it fall on deaf ears.
All I say is put me in charge and I will turn it around.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The way to reduce unemployment, is to make it less attractive. Stop handing out cash and give people vouchers to buy what they need to get by. When they realise they cant spend them on fags and booze they will soon get off there arse's and work for £16-£20k a year instead turning there noses up at such jobs. Problem today is everybody wants £500 a week in their hand before they will get out of bed.

You've got to be kidding? If you offered me £13,000 tomorrow, I would take it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here