Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A different View on the Hendo request

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Imagine you are a player who Brighton are after at the moment.

In the summer the players contracts took almost 2 months to sort out.

Players have left after failing out with the manager/coach/chairman

Henderson has publicly said the fans are one of the reasons for wating to leave

Brighton fans jeer there own players they dont like.

Why would you want to sign for a club like that?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oh no, its all mcghees fault:jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fred Oliver - Legend said:
has henderson actually said the fans are his reason for wanting out?

its more likely to be that than anything else

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sources close to him have revealed to The Argus that he feels he has been harshly treated by some supporters who favour Kuipers Henderson is seeking a loan move until the transfer window re-opens in the new year.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
If true it does not surprise me at all. The Kuipers ( wank in my opinion ) Hendo ( much better in my opinion ) argument has gone on for ages and is very very boring but as it is online it would not cause to much harm It is the little wankers that cheer and sing Kuipers at every opportunity when Hendo is in goal are the ones that have cost us a top top young keeper that will play in the prem one day.
Why do it? why not just act like supporters and support the f***ing team and not just the odd person that seems to be a god amongst some whereas in reality he is more of a liability with a history of injury.

Yes I will support Kuipers when he is playing because that to me is something I should do being a supporter. Not because I believe it but because he is plasying for the Albion.

Hendo, I hope you go on to show all the knob jockeys on here how good you really are and go on to win many many caps for Ireland.:thumbsup:

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
B.M.F said:
If true it does not surprise me at all. The Kuipers ( wank in my opinion ) Hendo ( much better in my opinion ) argument has gone on for ages and is very very boring but as it is online it would not cause to much harm It is the little wankers that cheer and sing Kuipers at every opportunity when Hendo is in goal are the ones that have cost us a top top young keeper that will play in the prem one day.
Why do it? why not just act like supporters and support the f***ing team and not just the odd person that seems to be a god amongst some whereas in reality he is more of a liability with a history of injury.

Yes I will support Kuipers when he is playing because that to me is something I should do being a supporter. Not because I believe it but because he is plasying for the Albion.

Hendo, I hope you go on to show all the knob jockeys on here how good you really are and go on to win many many caps for Ireland.:thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more hendo is probably a better keeper......whereas kuipers being a fans favourite. It's sad that people have give a pathetic cheer when kuipers jogs up and down the line whilst on the bench for us. We'll lose hend for a lot less then he's worth. We could have made a load if we could of kept hold of him

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Halftime Oranges said:
Couldn't agree more hendo is probably a better keeper......whereas kuipers being a fans favourite. It's sad that people have give a pathetic cheer when kuipers jogs up and down the line whilst on the bench for us. We'll lose hend for a lot less then he's worth. We could have made a load if we could of kept hold of him

Yeah, he's going to need thicker skin if he's planning on making it big as a footballer though.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
B.M.F said:
It is the little wankers that cheer and sing Kuipers at every opportunity when Hendo is in goal are the ones that have cost us a top top young keeper that will play in the prem one day.

:clap: :clap:

i look forward to the day when wayne is playing regular football in the premiership - but then again kuipers will always be better for his 'wonder' saves in division 3 :dunce:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
B.M.F said:

Well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:
All the last few managers, Adams, Taylor, Coppell and McGhee have dropped and replaced Kuipers. They can't all be bad judges.
Henderson gets selected for International duty then comes back and has his place taken, seems a bit strange.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
B.M.F said:

Pretty much agree with everything there.

1066gull

I am gutted Wayne wants to leave, but I understand why he has done it. We are not the great fans we make out ourselves to be.

We jeer our own players if we don't like them and arse lick the famililar old players like Kuipers, Oatway, OGH and Jakey etc who recieve little critics.

But he has been a bit of a pilliock Wayne for handing in a transfer request instantly for not being picked for one game because he was away on internation duty (and he din't even play!)

I hope Wayne reconsiders.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Abion fans have always picked on certain players, going back 30 years the likes of Maybank, Poskett, McNab, Gordon Smith, used to get grief, to the modern day crucification of the likes of Henderson.

If someone who could not do your job was constantly screaming that you were f***ing useless what would you do?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Adriodinho said:
We jeer our own players if we don't like them and arse lick the famililar old players like Kuipers, Oatway, OGH and Jakey etc who recieve little critics.

I'm sorry, which Oatway is this who receives little criticism?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
B.M.F said:

I hate to say this but "crap" - and 75% agree with me.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Adriodinho said:

Sad as it may seem that has always been the case in football, and probably always will be. I remember Dean Wilkins used to get fearful stick, and all the Wendy stuff, playing in his slippers (courtesy of Gulls Eye). He was probably as skillful as anyone we had at the time, but certain elemnets of the North Stand crucified him because he wasn't a crunching tackler.

That's football fans for you.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Halftime Oranges said:

But surely that's not a problem. Subs are often given a little cheer or clap when they warm up. There's nothing wrong with showing some appreciation for a player. The problem is any abuse that gets aimed at other players.

If Henderson can't cope with abuse-even from his own fans-then he's going to struggle making a good career as a professional. He should have a word with Wilkins about abuse. Wilkins took plenty of it.

I hope he stays, develops a thicker skin and goes on to fulfil the potential I've heard so much about.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Henderson is a good young keeper who has lots to learn. Kuipers, in my opinion, is better at the moment but I think Henderson will prove to be better as he gets older. My reasoning for this is that Kuipers is much more vocal so controls his defence making us a firmer unit. I know people are bound to point out times when this doesn't happen and we let in goal like on tuesday but most of the time we are far more organised from the back with Kuipers in Goal. If Henderson can learn from this then he will become a fantastic keeper with all the attributes he needs. Goalkeeping is not just about shot stopping but it's the best place to start the spine of a good team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here