Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A different View on the Hendo request

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
Henderson has publicly said the fans are one of the reasons for wating to leave
Where exactly has Henderson publically stated this ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Southover Street Seagull said:
But for a Spurs fan he seems to go to a hell of a lot of Albion games from his information in posts.
Whatever, I'm really not bothered - I gave up on him when he referred to himself as "KinkyAuschwitz" for a while. :nono:

Is the real reason Henderson handed in a transfer request to do with fan abuse and being dropped? I don't really think it is. I think this has a lot to do with his agent personally.
The agent that f***ed us around when we were trying to sign him from Villa. Henderson agreed terms but the agent stepped in and wanted his two penneth.
Is he the same agent that CKR had? Can someone confirm this?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Man of Harveys said:
Maybe that's because the obnoxious little turd is apparently not even a Brighton fan - he supports Spurs! The "ignore" list was designed for the likes of him.

Perhaps a lot is tongue in cheek to get under the skins of us Albion fans. It is a bit wearing at times.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is Kuipers a top class keeper?
No.You've got me wrong.I prefer Hendo in goal and if he could address that part of his game he'd be the first name on the teamsheet i'm sure.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It seems a lot of people are saying the defence looks shakey sometimes because they do not have confidence in Henderson.

Does it not work the other way as well?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Love the avatar fella!!.
:lolol: :lolol: TOP DAY OUT, that was.:clap: :clap:

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Easy 10 said:
Where exactly has Henderson publically stated this ?

Exaclty! It's the old 'A friend of a friend' of Hendo's has told this to the paper.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
David James asked for a move for personal reasons. His girlfriend lives down south.

I think my point was clear anyway but just to be sure:

Whether Kuipers or Henderson is better is irrelevant.

Whether we love Hendo enough is irrelevant.

The first reaction to not playing for a couple of games or getting a bit of stick from fans should not be slapping in a transfer request or throwing equivalent hissy fit.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If Henderson wants to play for Brighton and Hove Albion that's great because he's a very good player and some people are making far too much out of this so-called 'abuse' he apparently receives. Yes Kuipers is still a big favourite but personally that's because his commitment to the club in unquestioned.

If Henderson wants to throw his toys out of the pram on the other hand he can f*** right off. As people have rightfully pointed out, far more talented keepers than him have got all kinds of stick but unlike him they haven't slapped in a transfer request the first time they're left out of the team after someone else comes in and plays well.

Sid James said:
I think my point was clear anyway but just to be sure:

Whether Kuipers or Henderson is better is irrelevant.

Whether we love Hendo enough is irrelevant.

The first reaction to not playing for a couple of games or getting a bit of stick from fans should not be slapping in a transfer request or throwing equivalent hissy fit.

Totally agree with you. Except I don't really beleive the stuff about him doing it for getting stick from fans and being dropped. I think that is only a small part of the reason. I think his agent is stirring it too.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Totally agree with you. Except I don't really beleive the stuff about him doing it for getting stick from fans and being dropped. I think that is only a small part of the reason. I think his agent is stirring it too.

Absolutely, how long before the term 'model professional' is removed entirely from the footballing dictionary.

Richie Morris said:
So what?

I do not see why it makes any difference what David James has done.

Sid James said this:
Just a thought, David James has been ridiculed by all and sundry thoughout his career. Has he ever handed in a transfer request ?

Then Keaton replied by saying that he had handed a transfer request in to got to Pompey.

In was just saying that he handed in the transfer request for personal reasons to do with his girlfriend to indicate he wasn't doing it because he was getting stick from fans.
This is one of the reasons why Henderson is asking to leave isn't it?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The fact is nobody other then Henderson knows why he asked for a transfer.

Everything on here is SPECULATION and could be complete bollocks.

For all we know he could have been told by Wilkins that Kuipers is now first choice and that his starts would be restricted. As a young player trying to get a foothold in his national side's squad being sub for an average League 1 side is not going to help is it?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
Richie Morris said:
The fact is nobody other then Henderson knows why he asked for a transfer.

Everything on here is SPECULATION and could be complete bollocks.

For all we know he could have been told by Wilkins that Kuipers is now first choice and that his starts would be restricted. As a young player trying to get a foothold in his national side's squad being sub for an average League 1 side is not going to help is it?
I doubt that Wilkins would have said that......he's only managing on a game by game basis until he's told otherwise.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fair point - I was just trying to illustrate that NOBODY knows the reasons behind it so to speculate in this way is not fair on Henderson.

There may be genuine reasons why - we don't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here