Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A different View on the Hendo request

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Richie Morris said:
Fair point - I was just trying to illustrate that NOBODY knows the reasons behind it so to speculate in this way is not fair on Henderson.

There may be genuine reasons why - we don't know.

A bit like Zidane's genuine reasons for headbutting Materazzi in the World Cup Final !

Just because there is a reason doesn't make it right........

This whole board is about opinion and speculation. The trouble is that professional football is a closed shop when it comes to information at times, so we have to speculate on the information we are drip fed by clubs and press.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sid James said:
Just a thought, David James has been ridiculed by all and sundry thoughout his career. Has he ever handed in a transfer request ?

no - but he has never been ridiculed by his own fans

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Oh great, another Kuipers vs Henderson thread.

Blah, blah, yada-yada...

Oh well, I might as well wade in. Henderson could be a good keeper in time, just as Kuipers turned out to be. He just needs to be patient and professional, work on the deficiencies in his game, and grow a thick layer of skin!!

As mentioned before, you don't see the likes of Charlie Oatway, Richard Carpenter, Dean Hammond or Kerry Mayo throwing a wobbly just because they get some grief from some of us. It is part of the game, and they know it.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Curious Orange said:
Oh great, another Kuipers vs Henderson thread.

Blah, blah, yada-yada...

Oh well, I might as well wade in. Henderson could be a good keeper in time, just as Kuipers turned out to be. He just needs to be patient and professional, work on the deficiencies in his game, and grow a thick layer of skin!!

As mentioned before, you don't see the likes of Charlie Oatway, Richard Carpenter, Dean Hammond or Kerry Mayo throwing a wobbly just because they get some grief from some of us. It is part of the game, and they know it.

Was your input a Blah or a Yada?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sid James said:
Does that only happen here then ?

obviously not, but i think the abuse recieved by henderson is a lot worse than you would find at most other clubs, simply due to the fact that in some deluded minds kuipers is some sort of messiah

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Scotty M said:
obviously not, but i think the abuse recieved by henderson is a lot worse than you would find at most other clubs, simply due to the fact that in some deluded minds kuipers is some sort of messiah

And lets be honest he's not, he's a very naughty boy.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
The first reaction to not playing for a couple of games or getting a bit of stick from fans should not be slapping in a transfer request or throwing equivalent hissy fit.

Don't forget that Kuipers did exactly the same last season when Henderson was signed.

Yoda

English & European
Scotty M said:
obviously not, but i think the abuse recieved by henderson is a lot worse than you would find at most other clubs,

Sorry, I think you'll find David James got far far worse at Liverpool.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Henderson has publicly said the fans are one of the reasons for wating to leave
Henderson hasn't made any public statements, other than letting it be known - via his agent, not the club - that he wants a transfer. He certainly hasn't said anything about the reasons.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Man of Harveys said:
Whatever, I'm really not bothered - I gave up on him when he referred to himself as "KinkyAuschwitz" for a while. :nono:

For your information that was not me, how can I change my name? It was a mod.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Perry Milkins said:
Is there anything positive you have to say about Brighton and Hove Albion?

Sorry for pointing out a few reasons why players migh not want to come, shall we all just blame Mcghee then?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Man of Harveys said:
Maybe that's because the obnoxious little turd is apparently not even a Brighton fan - he supports Spurs! The "ignore" list was designed for the likes of him.
Sorry do you know me? Or ar you just guessing from an internet message board?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yoda said:
Sorry, I think you'll find David James got far far worse at Liverpool.

but the fans werent doing it simply because they prefered tony warner to be between the sticks, which is certainly the case here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here