Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A different View on the Hendo request

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A lot of the problem is that Henderson was signed by McGhee and Kuipers wasn't. There are people who will swear that black is white if McGhee had said black was black.

Frankly I think it's a sad loss, well done the brain dead boo boys.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
bhaexpress said:
A lot of the problem is that Henderson was signed by McGhee and Kuipers wasn't. There are people who will swear that black is white if McGhee had said black was black.

Frankly I think it's a sad loss, well done the brain dead boo boys.

That's about right.
Personally I think both are very good keepers , however hendo's confidence as well as his form have been poor since the last 10 games of last season. He's young, he screwed up a few times, the team get relegated. Not his fault I hasten to add. Against Crewe his positioning was poor, his kicking was crap and the defense was very nervous because of this. What you can say is the his shot stopping was excellent. The problem Wendy has is that he needs results to generate a bit of stability and so he's picked Kuipers who is the form player at the moment.

I favour neither of them, for me the form player is the player you pick, and at the moment it's Kuipers.
Hendo needs to understand that every club has whingers who pick on players, and goal keepers are no exceptions. He needs to get a tougher skin.

And for those that boo'd henderson and cheered Kuipers ... wankers ... No doubt if Kuipers has a bad couple of games you'll be booing him.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Why doesnt he (Henderson) just keep training, keep his mouth shut and wait until FDM gets injured, and then try and keep the shirt instead of throwing his toys out of the pram.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Stinky Kat said:
Why doesnt he (Henderson) just keep training, keep his mouth shut and wait until FDM gets injured, and then try and keep the shirt instead of throwing his toys out of the pram.

Becuase he feels that when he gets another chance even if he keeps goal brilliantly twats will still blame him for evry goal we concede and demand the reinstatement of an injury-prone and now average goal-keeper.
This club and it's fans have a particlular problem with our most naturally talented players and we always have done. recently it's been Henderson, KNight, and CKR. Previously it's been Zamora and Codner.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Ive only done Forest away this season and Henderson got an ok reception. He is a goalkeeper with potential who makes the odd mistake like FDM does.

Without going into debate about who is better, perhaps now McGhee has gone Henderson feels vunerable and worries about his International career, but slapping in a request wont help him increase his reputation in the football world, working hard will

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
With training Henderson will be a FAR better keeper than Kuipers. His kicking his better, his awareness is better and he's got time on his side. It's a MASSIVE shame that we are going to lose a very talented YOUNG keeper because of some people's blind faith in Kuipers which is only really there because Kuipers was here during our recent successes. Kuipers must have kicked the ball straight out of play about 5 times on Saturday, I dread to think what the reaction would have been if Henderson had done that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kinky Gerbils said:
Like at Bristol you mean?
That was a save from point-blank range, he had NO chance of.....

......oh, I just can't be bothered today.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok, so Henderson may have pushed the odd save back out instead of to the side but how come nobody blames the DEFENDERS who react slower then the other teams FORWARDS?

Also, Kuipers does this as well.

Ideally, it would be great to keep both. Kuipers seems an integral part of team spirit and is undoubtedly a help to younger players.

Henderson though is a QUALITY keeper who is gaining international recognition.

The way he was made a scapegoat against Crewe by some fans was nothing short of a disgrace - the same he made from point blank range to deny their forward his hat-trick was out of this world.

Henderson has the potential to be quality - Kuipers has already reached the top of his game.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Deportivo Seagull said:
That's about right.
Personally I think both are very good keepers , however hendo's confidence as well as his form have been poor since the last 10 games of last season. He's young, he screwed up a few times, the team get relegated. Not his fault I hasten to add. Against Crewe his positioning was poor, his kicking was crap and the defense was very nervous because of this. What you can say is the his shot stopping was excellent. The problem Wendy has is that he needs results to generate a bit of stability and so he's picked Kuipers who is the form player at the moment.

I favour neither of them, for me the form player is the player you pick, and at the moment it's Kuipers.
Hendo needs to understand that every club has whingers who pick on players, and goal keepers are no exceptions. He needs to get a tougher skin.

And for those that boo'd henderson and cheered Kuipers ... wankers ... No doubt if Kuipers has a bad couple of games you'll be booing him.

:ohmy:

What a very good post.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Nice to see Dick Knight is continuing Mark McGhees precendent of slagging off players in public

From Sky

Brighton chairman Dick Knight has hit out at Wayne Henderson for handing in a transfer request.

Henderson asked to leave Brighton earlier this week claiming he was unhappy at the Withdean.

The Republic of Ireland international was left out of the squad for Tuesday's draw with Bournemouth and Knight has hit out at the timing of the request.

"I think the timing of his request is absolutely outrageous, with the club in a period of change," Knight told the Brighton Argus.

"We don't want players at this club who don't want to play for us but I still think, given the circumstances, the timing is very unfortunate and very unprofessional."

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Kinky Gerbils said:
Imagine you are a player who Brighton are after at the moment.

In the summer the players contracts took almost 2 months to sort out.

Players have left after failing out with the manager/coach/chairman

Henderson has publicly said the fans are one of the reasons for wating to leave

Brighton fans jeer there own players they dont like.

Why would you want to sign for a club like that?

Is there anything positive you have to say about Brighton and Hove Albion?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Just a thought, David James has been ridiculed by all and sundry thoughout his career. Has he ever handed in a transfer request ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sid James said:
Just a thought, David James has been ridiculed by all and sundry thoughout his career. Has he ever handed in a transfer request ?

I'm pretty sure he demanded a transfer to Portsmouth a couple of weeks ago

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Perry Milkins said:
Is there anything positive you have to say about Brighton and Hove Albion?
Maybe that's because the obnoxious little turd is apparently not even a Brighton fan - he supports Spurs! The "ignore" list was designed for the likes of him.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Stumpy Tim said:
Kuipers pushes his saves away from the goal. Hendo pushes the ball back out into the penalty area. Kuipers is better
A point that i was going to make......until Hendo addresses that part of his game, he won't become a really top class keeper.

Re: Re: Re: A different View on the Hendo request

Man of Harveys said:
Maybe that's because the obnoxious little turd is apparently not even a Brighton fan - he supports Spurs! The "ignore" list was designed for the likes of him.

But for a Spurs fan he seems to go to a hell of a lot of Albion games from his information in posts.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bakesy said:
A point that i was going to make......until Hendo addresses that part of his game, he won't become a really top class keeper.

Is Kuipers a top class keeper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here