Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of thoughts after last night

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This probably sums up my feelings about the club at present, we all love our club and want them to do well. The good times are now within reach, DK, the board, us supporters and the management have got us this far so lets not wobble now. The players are good enough so lets get behind them even if things arn't as we want.[/QUOTE]

Who've you been watching this season?!!:annoyed:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think we need a manager with fire in his belly to install some of the same in his players. Micky had that fire first time around, but it seems to be extinguished now. Has Danny Cullip finished his coaching badges yet?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's a labour of love, part of my sacred duty to save the Withdean faithful from the depredations of Phil Collins......

Should secure you Life President as far as I'm concerned:clap:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
No it isn't. It's a shit rant coming from someone who has said some unwarranted viscious horseshit about some postors on here in recent times. In fact I think he's a f***ing hypocrite to be honest.

At the end of the day, the team Adams has installed is absolutely f***ing wank and people are rightly pissed off about it, especially those who shelled out on season tickets. What's wrong with people expressing that sort of opinion on here then?

Nothing Sim, nothing at all. One of the great things about the internet is that we can all come on and express our opinions from behind whatever on-line persona we care to create. It doesn't mean we have to agree with what's been said.

With all due respect, I disagree. Certainly, in law that's all he is answerable to but as with all businesses you need to consider your stakeholders and you need to keep certain stakeholders happy. It's part and parcel of the game and if DK and the board think they can just sit it out and ignore the fans then history should tell him that he's probably going to get that spectacularly wrong. The irony is that DK is chairman because of fan pressure to remove the previous administration.

DK is accountable to the fans and as much as we need the likes of DK and the Blooms, they need us, the fans too.

DK said that Wilkins would have gone even if we'd been promoted but he offered DW a coaching job under MA. And he let DW have a clear out, then [effectively] sacked DW and then 2 of the players were re-instated. This all looks amateurish and ill-conceived. MA has said there's a long term plan.

So all I and others would like is some kind of explanation from DK as to what the thinking behind all this was. I don't want to know details. A simple "we, the board, thought that a more experienced manager and a bigger name was what was required as we moved to Falmer" or "relations between DW and I had broken down irreparable to the point that we could no longer effectively function in the transfer market and on a day to day basis". There's no need for blame or accusations. These things happen and I'm sure most Albion fans recognise that. Otherwise, if things carry on like they are, there's gonna be less than 4,000 watching Albion in the coming season.

Excellent post. All the points I was too depressed to make.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, yes it is. And that's because they are the ones who are accountable. Will it be you running onto the pitch at Falmer in front of 22,000 milking the applause? Is it you who takes the plaudits when we play well once a season against the richest club in the world?

Of course not. So when things go wrong, these people need to take the blame. That's how it works, and I really don't see much unwarranted criticim being bandied about to be honest. It's just that ALMOST EVERYONE thinks the same thing, except of course the "inner circle" that Wozza alluded to a month ago.

Criticism I do see, it is the extreme nature of the criticism that concerns me, and the sheer hatred that seems to fuel it. The nature of NSC in my view is there is a disproportionate about of blame laid at the feet of some people, and a mob mentality exists.

last week you told bhadeb to "f*** OFF AND DIE" for expressing an opinion you don't agree with. It doesn't get more hypocritical than that.

No I didn't, you are a liar. FACT, not opinion. If you can show me where I told her to 'f*** OFF AND DIE' I will donate £100 to REMF, and if you are wrong I trust you have the good grace to do the same.

I did tell her to 'Go f*** yourself' when she started having a pop at me, and I also said in the same thread that I shouldn't have said it, but I did not use the words you claim I use, unless you have evidence to the contrary.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So all I and others would like is some kind of explanation from DK as to what the thinking behind all this was. I don't want to know details. A simple "we, the board, thought that a more experienced manager and a bigger name was what was required as we moved to Falmer"

He stated precisely that on 9th May 2008.

'Mickey was employed as his massive experience is needed to take this club forward and to the next level and to be playing Championship football by the time we reach Falmer'

Anyone on Seagulls World can re-live Dicks Vision by going to 'TV News' for the above date.

With all due respect, I disagree. Certainly, in law that's all he is answerable to but as with all businesses you need to consider your stakeholders and you need to keep certain stakeholders happy. It's part and parcel of the game and if DK and the board think they can just sit it out and ignore the fans then history should tell him that he's probably going to get that spectacularly wrong. The irony is that DK is chairman because of fan pressure to remove the previous administration.

DK is accountable to the fans and as much as we need the likes of DK and the Blooms, they need us, the fans too.

DK said that Wilkins would have gone even if we'd been promoted but he offered DW a coaching job under MA. And he let DW have a clear out, then [effectively] sacked DW and then 2 of the players were re-instated. This all looks amateurish and ill-conceived. MA has said there's a long term plan.

So all I and others would like is some kind of explanation from DK as to what the thinking behind all this was. I don't want to know details. A simple "we, the board, thought that a more experienced manager and a bigger name was what was required as we moved to Falmer" or "relations between DW and I had broken down irreparable to the point that we could no longer effectively function in the transfer market and on a day to day basis". There's no need for blame or accusations. These things happen and I'm sure most Albion fans recognise that. Otherwise, if things carry on like they are, there's gonna be less than 4,000 watching Albion in the coming season.

I don't disagree with any of the sentiments you've expressed here; however, there is (imo) a big difference (and not just in law) between who a business is accountable to and how the business deals with it's stakeholders. You ignore either grouping at your peril but I just don't see how BHA's officers and employees are accountable to me anymore than the checkout operator at Tesco was earlier today?
Good luck with the "Ask The Club" post btw.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I believe that John's statement last night expressed what so many are feeling at the moment. Certainly the STH's that I sit with are exasperated, puzzled and angry at what is happening on the field. None of us particulary want Dick Knight, the Board or Adams to resign but we do want them to sit up and listen to what we are saying. What we are seeing on the pitch at the moment is not going to keep us in this division or prepare us for a promotion charge for the Championship. It needs sorting soon. I hope for Adams sake that he is the man to sort it and so repay the faith placed in him by the Chairmen.
However I do not think that he has two years to do it. There has to be an improvement this season if he is not to lose the crowd as Mark McGhee did.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't disagree with any of the sentiments you've expressed here; however, there is (imo) a big difference (and not just in law) between who a business is accountable to and how the business deals with it's stakeholders. You ignore either grouping at your peril but I just don't see how BHA's officers and employees are accountable to me anymore than the checkout operator at Tesco was earlier today?
Good luck with the "Ask The Club" post btw.
If we must think of football in such terms, then the Tesco checkout operator has to provide you with the service you expect, or you may not go again. In that sense he or she is accountable to you.
Personally I like to think football is a bit different from shopping at a supermarket anyway...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think that MA was appointed because the board thought it would help with season ticket sales, which it has done to an extent. For that gamble (and lets face it, the Blooms are no stranger to gambling) to come off results on the pitch had to be half decent. That part of the gamble has clearly failed and people are entitled to vote with their feet and their mouths after shelling out a lot of money for a substandard product.

Having said that, let's give the team 100% support on Saturday at Cheltenham. The lack of signings is a worry, given that the squad is looking threadbare.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If we must think of football in such terms, then the Tesco checkout operator has to provide you with the service you expect, or you may not go again. In that sense he or she is accountable to you.
Personally I like to think football is a bit different from shopping at a supermarket anyway...

I agree with you that the Tesco analogy does not fully work. I could easily, given where I live, watch a far better standard of football, be assured of trophies most seasons, and save myself a fortune in transport costs and heartache.

I can't do it though, logic goes out of the window when it comes to the team you support, for die hard fans such as most that post on NSC, the club chooses you, not the other way round, and a bit like syphilis, you have it for life, despite how painful it is at times.

I reckon the board got complacent, with the good fortune they've had in signing managers. There are not that many 'right' managers for one club, yet we've had excellent times considering, from Adams several seasons ago, through Taylor, Coppell, McGhee and Wilkins, and back to Adams. What were the chances he and we would hit the right notes twice, and maintain such fortunes? Did they actually DESERVE good fortune after DW's treatment?

I think we now know the answer to those questions.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I know for a fact that the board (especially Dick Knight) care deeply about what the fans think - how could they not, our history /Build a Bonfire etc says it all! We don't have the regular meetings we used to and there is a perception that some activists have been 'absorbed' and neutralized into passive acquiescence to whatever orders are passed down - rubbish as far as I'm concerned. But then some of us were always stroppier than others....

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Yes, yes it is. And that's because they are the ones who are accountable. Will it be you running onto the pitch at Falmer in front of 22,000 milking the applause? Is it you who takes the plaudits when we play well once a season against the richest club in the world?

Of course not. So when things go wrong, these people need to take the blame. That's how it works, and I really don't see much unwarranted criticim being bandied about to be honest. It's just that ALMOST EVERYONE thinks the same thing, except of course the "inner circle" that Wozza alluded to a month ago.

Yes and some of us are worse than others. For example you get all uppity because people are expressing outrage at THICKY's cluelessness, yet last week you told bhadeb to "f*** OFF AND DIE" for expressing an opinion you don't agree with. It doesn't get more hypocritical than that.

Hi hear is the comment i got last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhadeb
You really don't like it when someone put's a reasonable question on ask the club do you - still as they say the truth does hurt

Go f*** yourself
and learn to spell.

Not what you had said but not pleasant all the same

Thanks anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here