Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of thoughts after last night

rongully

Jun 9, 2008
Sussex and Proud
Just a point of clarification re the verb 'employ': I don't get paid for my PA /DJ duties, never have done, wouldn't want to be (neither does PS) and I buy a season ticket (so does PS)

It's a labour of love, part of my sacred duty to save the Withdean faithful from the depredations of Phil Collins and Coldplay! (Of course, I'm not responsible for the Gully's Girls music choices, I have asked if they can dance to The Clash, Rancid or Half Man Half Biscuit, but I'm not holding my breath..)

I will always say what I believe on Albion matters. I've been fairly quiet recently a) because I am broadly in full agreement with what DK et al have achieved and are doing and haven't got much to add at the moment (OK, I'd like a terrace at Falmer with Dark Star Hophead kiosks dotted round it a la St Pauli...but we all have to compromise!) and b) because my folks are really ill and Robina and I have our work cut out. DK asked me to be PA announcer in the 90s precisely BECAUSE of the stance I was taking and my passion for the club - what I said yesterday is a part of that.

Top man John!!was one of the first on here last night to back you!!and feel no different this morning for the sake of our club (which i have supported for 40 years)MICKY ADAMS MUST GO !!!!!!!! much longer and it will be div 2 for us im afraid

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Albion are piss poor at present, and it's a piece of cake to lay all the blame at the door of Adams and Knight.
Yes, yes it is. And that's because they are the ones who are accountable. Will it be you running onto the pitch at Falmer in front of 22,000 milking the applause? Is it you who takes the plaudits when we play well once a season against the richest club in the world?

Of course not. So when things go wrong, these people need to take the blame. That's how it works, and I really don't see much unwarranted criticim being bandied about to be honest. It's just that ALMOST EVERYONE thinks the same thing, except of course the "inner circle" that Wozza alluded to a month ago.

We're all f***ing hypocrites.
Yes and some of us are worse than others. For example you get all uppity because people are expressing outrage at THICKY's cluelessness, yet last week you told bhadeb to "f*** OFF AND DIE" for expressing an opinion you don't agree with. It doesn't get more hypocritical than that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
All this talk about Adams resigning, it just won't happen. He's now drinking in the Last Chance Saloon. Fact is that the pinicle of his career was seeing Leicester get relegated. Since then his career has gone downhill. Lke the last manager to return here this will be his last management job in league football. Unlike Alan Mullery however he hasn't got the background or the wherewithal to become a part time football pundit.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nah, bhadeb is truly a loathsome piece of tedium who needs telling IMHO. I'd say she's lucky not to have been banned for trolling. And we are all still waiting for "the truth" that she's been promising us for years, or was it her alter ego doing that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah, bhadeb is truly a loathsome piece of tedium who needs telling IMHO. I'd say she's lucky not to have been banned for trolling. And we are all still waiting for "the truth" that she's been promising us for years, or was it her alter ego doing that?
There are loads of people on here who write some attention seeking rubbish or other and repeat it ad-nauseum. I reckon I could name at least 20 people guilty of this, and so could you. Do you want them all banned? Really?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
There are loads of people on here who write some attention seeking rubbish or other and repeat it ad-nauseum. I reckon I could name at least 20 people guilty of this, and so could you. Do you want them all banned? Really?

That boring cow just says the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again - "the truth" will emerge one day (although it never seems to) and Wilkins, of whom she's apparently an acquaintance, shouldn't actually have been sacked. Wow. Over and over and over again.

With no substance to it whatsoever, nothing of interest, it's always the same dirge, then mysteriously some other complete tit pipes up with the same load of old turds emenating from the same sewery IP address. If I wanted them banned I'd complain about it; I'm far from bothered enough to. But I do find them utterly indefensible if not quite funny, and certainly more than well worthy of some trusty time-honoured NSC ridicule and abuse. So sue me.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I agree with El Pres. Simster - you need to go and calm down - it is like you are on a one-man mission to get rid of Adams.

We can argue about why we are where we are - but you only need to look at the team last night to see the bottom half of League Two is about right. And that would be the case if Wilkins was there - or if it was you and I.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with El Pres. Simster - you need to go and calm down - it is like you are on a one-man mission to get rid of Adams.

We can argue about why we are where we are - but you only need to look at the team last night to see the bottom half of League Two is about right. And that would be the case if Wilkins was there - or if it was you and I.

According to the recent NSC poll, about 75% of us agree with me. But yes, I'm completely pissed off at the moment. Not just with Adams but with various people running club. Oh well.

Yes, yes it is. And that's because they are the ones who are accountable...........

OK then, but Adams is accountable to the Board of which Dick Knight is the public face/mouthpiece and the Board is accountable to the shareholders. Neither MA nor DK is accountable to you, me, El Pres or anyone else on NSC unless we're a shareholder.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think Micky Adams who managed Fulham and Brighton was someone who had a tremendous amount of inner belief. Belief that he knew what he was doing, that what he was doing was right. He even took "keep the faith" as his motto. The players that played under him during that time (like a lot of players) took that belief and believed it themselves. I'm not sure if Micky is a great tactician. Maybe he is a kind of Kevin Keegan motivator type manager which can get you results and so far.

If Micky has lost that inner belief, that self confidence then what is left? Poor motivation and tacticless. Which sums us up at the moment.

I would love to see Micky really fired up, brimming with confidence, asking for the other team to dare visit Withdean. But I cant see it happening.

I think Adams has to go because I believe there is more chance of us going down than if a new man was appointed.

I hope for Mickys sake that I am totally wrong.

Last edited:

OK then, but Adams is accountable to the Board of which Dick Knight is the public face/mouthpiece and the Board is accountable to the shareholders. Neither MA nor DK is accountable to you, me, El Pres or anyone else on NSC unless we're a shareholder.

Old Chinese proverb; Who watches the watchman?
Not that I want to get caught up in all this bickering. I go to football to enjoy myself. I don't go anymore.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not that I want to get caught up in all this bickering. I go to football to enjoy myself. I don't go anymore.

But the bickering seems to be mainly on here. I went to Swindon and last night - and there is dissatisfaction - but not the level of bickering there is on here. In fact I enjoyed both games.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think Micky Adams who managed Fulham and Brighton was someone who had a tremendous amount of inner belief. Belief that he knew what he was doing, that what he was doing was right. He even took "keep the faith" as his motto. The players that played under him during that time (like a lot of players) took that belief and believed it themselves. I'm not sure if Micky is a great tactician. Maybe he is a kind of Kevin Keegan motivator type manager which can get you results and so far.

If Micky has lost that inner belief, that self confidence then what is left? Poor motivation and tacticless. Which sums us up at the moment.

I think that sums up the MA conundrum. Are we at that point ? Or with key players back - will we be up ad firing again.

But the bickering seems to be mainly on here. I went to Swindon and last night - and there is dissatisfaction - but not the level of bickering there is on here. In fact I enjoyed both games.

Yep, I avoid here because of the bickering and I avoid Withdean because of our football. Both depressing in different ways. Throw in the Jan weather and the economic crisis and I'm a proper bundle of laughs. Will make the trip to Luton though. Lets hope it's one of those fabled turning points in the season for all the right reasons.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yep, I avoid here because of the bickering and I avoid Withdean because of our football. Both depressing in different ways. Throw in the Jan weather and the economic crisis and I'm a proper bundle of laughs. Will make the trip to Luton though. Lets hope it's one of those fabled turning points in the season for all the right reasons.

Yep. You're a good man Lokki. Let's hope so.

The shareholders of course - they own the company after all.

Fully take your point about the enjoyment factor, it was my first home game since Millwall and very disappointing last night. Have actually found it difficult to give away my STH tickets.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

With all due respect, I disagree. Certainly, in law that's all he is answerable to but as with all businesses you need to consider your stakeholders and you need to keep certain stakeholders happy. It's part and parcel of the game and if DK and the board think they can just sit it out and ignore the fans then history should tell him that he's probably going to get that spectacularly wrong. The irony is that DK is chairman because of fan pressure to remove the previous administration.

DK is accountable to the fans and as much as we need the likes of DK and the Blooms, they need us, the fans too.

DK said that Wilkins would have gone even if we'd been promoted but he offered DW a coaching job under MA. And he let DW have a clear out, then [effectively] sacked DW and then 2 of the players were re-instated. This all looks amateurish and ill-conceived. MA has said there's a long term plan.

So all I and others would like is some kind of explanation from DK as to what the thinking behind all this was. I don't want to know details. A simple "we, the board, thought that a more experienced manager and a bigger name was what was required as we moved to Falmer" or "relations between DW and I had broken down irreparable to the point that we could no longer effectively function in the transfer market and on a day to day basis". There's no need for blame or accusations. These things happen and I'm sure most Albion fans recognise that. Otherwise, if things carry on like they are, there's gonna be less than 4,000 watching Albion in the coming season.

jfs

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
None of those who criticise the board on here ever say who they think would step in a subsidise the club for the next few years (at least) until we get to Falmer. (Some posters refuse to acknowledge that the board covers the £1M plus loss each and every year.)

If there was a queue of billionaires looking to take over and DK was clinging on to power then the posters would have a point. But that simply isn't the case.

If they are to be taken seriously, those that criticise the board need to come up with some answers to the above first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here