Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All a bit meh up here in RH20, yes it has blown a bit but that has been about that, no 100MPH gusts for us on the posh side of the Downs...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Theres a video going round from inside Rockwater in Hove , where basically all the furniture on the balcony has blown away - 'oops'

boik

I flew back from Oz the day of the great storm in 87. The pilot tried to land the 747 twice before giving up and diverting to Manchester. We had no idea the scale of the storm at the time and the captain with typical British understatement just said 'It's a little breezy in London so we've decided to fly to Manchester'.

We were in France following a band on tour. Decided to come home the next morning. Crossing from Dieppe to Newhaven was pretty lively. 6+ hours as opposed to the usual 4.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Theres a video going round from inside Rockwater in Hove , where basically all the furniture on the balcony has blown away - 'oops'

I saw that. My first question was "who on earth thought today was a good day to go to Rockwater? "

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It looks like we've come through it everyone Brighton based :thumbsup:

All fences still standing (given a bit of mid morning running repairs), two medium acers and one large rhododendron in pots blown over. I recently repotted three 10-12 foot Olive Trees into half barrel type pots full of topsoil and very heavy. One of them blew over :eek:

Hope I haven't spoken too early, but it's gone 3 and seems to be dying down. Maybe I'll give it another hour before I pick up the Olive :wink:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Lost at least 4 tiles from our roof earlier, those proper big cap tiles that run along the top of ridges. Came down on our glass conservatory roof, but fortunately the tiles turned out to be weaker than the glass.

Just glad they came down in the back garden rather than out the front - where they would have done a lot more damage to one or both of our cars.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just a heads up if you travel along the Old Shoreham Rd. It is currently closed west bound from Holmbush to the Mile Oak Rd. One of the tall trees at the lights Jct Mile Oak Rd has fallen onto a parked car

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here