Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All fine ..including the work I’ve done since then…oh but a small pot of daffs fell over.

On a serious note it’s sad to start hearing about people that have died or been injured by this storm

Three in England, north London, Hampshire and Merseyside.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like the worst is over for now. One thing to remember though, this would have been much much worse if Eunice had arrived when our trees were in leaf...

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It failed to live up to the hype really. Other countries must laugh at our over excitement by comparison. For the first time in decades quite a lot people lost power and/or still don’t have. It reminded me that used to happen every month as a kid during autumn/winter months. Sort of normal. Shows how lucky and how much better our infrastructure is now so well done all the Power Rangers out there keeping us warm and switched on ce soir.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It failed to live up to the hype really. Other countries must laugh at our over excitement by comparison. For the first time in decades quite a lot people lost power and/or still don’t have. It reminded me that used to happen every month as a kid during autumn/winter months. Sort of normal. Shows how lucky and how much better our infrastructure is now so well done all the Power Rangers out there keeping us warm and switched on ce soir.

Do the 1000's of people not having power for up to 10 days or more from Storm Arwen last November not count?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lewes real ale and curry update:

Pint of best in John Harvey Tavern
Pint of West Coast Pale and a Tring Brewery ESB in Gardeners Arms
Pint of Harvey’s Pale in Rights of Man
Pint of Hophead in Lewes Arms
Prawn puri and lamb naga and a pint of Cobra.

Moderate to strong winds in an around the South Coast area which will clear by mid afternoon with an outbreak of sunshine at 3pm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside there were at least two separate groups of Burnley fans staying in “Loose” last night. Both said Brighton is too expensive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Still no power this morning apart from my little generator giving me light and low power items. No heating apart from world destroying log burner.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Lewes real ale and curry update:

Pint of best in John Harvey Tavern
Pint of West Coast Pale and a Tring Brewery ESB in Gardeners Arms
Pint of Harvey’s Pale in Rights of Man
Pint of Hophead in Lewes Arms
Prawn puri and lamb naga and a pint of Cobra.

Moderate to strong winds in an around the South Coast area which will clear by mid afternoon with an outbreak of sunshine at 3pm.

Hopefully you didn’t get a dirty glass, you could be autographing your under crackers in 1901 this afternoon..

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Will be small crowd today with the lack of trains running and poor weather forecast for later.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Walked into Shoreham along the coast path yesterday afternoon at about 1:30, a few gusts and quite impress waves but nothing that bad. Was all calm away from the beach and all over and done with by about 3.
Calm as a Hindu cow today. Was going to be going to Lewes con-club to watch Alabaster Deplume later but now working instead. Don’t know how I’d have got there anyway as after two years of a virtually closed railway network with nobody using trains , they decide to do major maintenance work now that it’s all opened up again. Good planning.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Do the 1000's of people not having power for up to 10 days or more from Storm Arwen last November not count?

More widespread, that lot were ooop north so yes, they don’t count…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here