Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hopefully you didn’t get a dirty glass, you could be autographing your under crackers in 1901 this afternoon..

I’m really hoping things calm down by 3pm.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Lost a patch of a dozen roof tiles so far. Looking at an insurance claim with a £100 xs but when? Need the wind to die down and crystallise the damage, get the insurers to answer the phone - over an hour so far, and that's before I even try and get a roofer to quote!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lost a patch of a dozen roof tiles so far. Looking at an insurance claim with a £100 xs but when? Need the wind to die down and crystallise the damage, get the insurers to answer the phone - over an hour so far, and that's before I even try and get a roofer to quote!

I would just make it watertight and then give the insurers two or three days to deal with everyone ringing up immediately. Even if you get through today you are only going to have to wait until they get round to it sometime next week.

Or I would think they have an online form? Or live chat? That’s usually the quickest way to deal with claims.

Similar here. can only see a couple of tiles have slipped and exposed the black lining underneath. Was tempted to get a local to do it without putting in a claim due to excess anyway- likely under an hours work but run the risk if theres more damage that i cant see from the street may end up out of pocket. Offset that though that if i put in a claim its gonner put my premiums up for the next 5 years and end up costing me more....hmmm to do or not to do..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here