Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just landed at Gatwick. Very very bumpy on the final approach. Flight took an extra 20 minutes due to a head wind and the fact the plane was heavy due to taking on extra fuel but otherwise all good.

Reason for extra fuel was because the pilot didn’t want to refuel in Gatwick….not sure why this was.

Have you seen the price of petrol here?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just landed at Gatwick. Very very bumpy on the final approach. Flight took an extra 20 minutes due to a head wind and the fact the plane was heavy due to taking on extra fuel but otherwise all good.

Reason for extra fuel was because the pilot didn’t want to refuel in Gatwick….not sure why this was.

If he's anything like me, he's probably completely pissed off with going to pay and ending up in never-ending queue for the cashier behind loads of people who use their local petrol station to do a weekly grocery shop FFS. :rant:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sun's just come out here in mid Sussex. Another load of panic about nothing. Although I expect a government announcement shortly telling us we cannot leave our homes except for 30 minutes exercise a day, we cannot meet anyone anywhere, and we must all have an anti-storm vaccine.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sun's just come out here in mid Sussex. Another load of panic about nothing. Although I expect a government announcement shortly telling us we cannot leave our homes except for 30 minutes exercise a day, we cannot meet anyone anywhere, and we must all have an anti-storm vaccine.

You do realise the storm hasn't reached mid Sussex yet?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good news - 'Green' bin (actually Brown) got emptied this morning
Bad News - had to go and get 'Green' bin from up the road as it was empty and got blown away

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Storm a couple of hours later than forecast reaching us on the Bristol Channel so missed the high tide which greatly reduces the risk of flooding……… ….just roof tiles to worry about now :thumbsup:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

It can be windy in the sun as well

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just spotted at least 5 surfers off Hove seafront this morning already. Pretty choppy out there. Hope they don't need the RNLI.

Selfish ******** but I thought I was immortal when I was in my late teens and early 20’s and went dinghy sailing in extreme wind a number of times. Had to be rescued once as the tiller snapped in half and I capsized and went for a cold swim . #hypocrite

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Think the decision was only made a short while ago

[tweet]1494613743698911235[/tweet]

Durrington High issued a "we're open" yesterday afternoon but when the Met Office upgraded us to red, they sent an email at 7:08 this morning saying they were closed.

Just been out for a 10-mile run. It's no worse than many windy days, currently. My legs are feeling a bit battered as today was my 8th day of 10+ miles, so they couldn't really keep up with how fast the wind wanted to blow me along the seafront!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just spotted at least 5 surfers off Hove seafront this morning already. Pretty choppy out there. Hope they don't need the RNLI.

Having run along the Worthing seafront both yesterday and today, the waves were bigger yesterday than today's, although I appreciate the bigger stuff is still to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here