Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big thank you to Michelle at the club

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Jimbo. Great that you want to say thankyou to a club employee for a job well done and no problem doing so on here as many have before and will again.

Unfortunately the similarity of the title to your recent, somewhat ascerbic, and inappropriately placed message to the chairman has clearly put many people on full "jimbo alert". Mentioning that you have been ill.....not a problem. Mentioning that Michelle has been ill......maybe not totally appropriate but no harm either meant or done I am sure and she certainly wasn't doing more than her job in helping you out.

So what is it about you that people find so irritating?

Maybe it is the fact that you saw the need to make it clear that where more ordinary folk would have dealt "with the club" you deal with the top man's secretary no less! You have history for what may be construed by many as "bigging yourself up" and there is something in the English psyche that finds this uncomfortable. On a similar tack there is that repetative sideways reference to your charitable do-goodedness and you must know that, for most people, personal acts of charity are best undertaken rather more humbly. Sure it's a cultural thing but if you don't feel the need to comply you are, I am afraid, going to attract an adverse reaction as often as not. Does that help? Probably not. Despite clearly being a well intentioned chap I am sure you simply don't see what to others is so glaringly apparent. I wonder if that offer to stop posting was genuine?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As of today I will stop posting on this, the old boys forum. Just for the record anyone who walks around with their user name printed on the back of their shirt should have a close look at themselves.

This is a PUBLIC forum not a PRIVATE one. Hence, if you post something, you should be prepared to get shot down in flames, especially when your posts appear to be of the "look at me" variety. This thread and your notice to TB have rightly been ripped to shreds. If you want to send those kind of messages to the individuals involved then do it via email or post - not on a public forum. After all you don't see me thanking Brighton Lions for the help they've given to my local Scout Group and publicly announcing a £100 donation as a thank you on here *bugger* :facepalm:

*** edit *** - instead of flouncing off you could always grow a backbone !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Hope so, I still havent forgiven him for that bollox he posted about Poyet heading to Chelsea.

I do believe that was Jimbo's maiden offering and was based on his impeccable connections among the higher echelons of the club's management?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Jimbo. Great that you want to say thankyou to a club employee for a job well done and no problem doing so on here as many have before and will again.

Unfortunately the similarity of the title to your recent, somewhat ascerbic, and inappropriately placed message to the chairman has clearly put many people on full "jimbo alert". Mentioning that you have been ill.....not a problem. Mentioning that Michelle has been ill......maybe not totally appropriate but no harm either meant or done I am sure and she certainly wasn't doing more than her job in helping you out.

So what is it about you that people find so irritating?

Maybe it is the fact that you saw the need to make it clear that where more ordinary folk would have dealt "with the club" you deal with the top man's secretary no less! You have history for what may be construed by many as "bigging yourself up" and there is something in the English psyche that finds this uncomfortable. On a similar tack there is that repetative sideways reference to your charitable do-goodedness and you must know that, for most people, personal acts of charity are best undertaken rather more humbly. Sure it's a cultural thing but if you don't feel the need to comply you are, I am afraid, going to attract an adverse reaction as often as not. Does that help? Probably not. Despite clearly being a well intentioned chap I am sure you simply don't see what to others is so glaringly apparent. I wonder if that offer to stop posting was genuine?

Well said.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
This is a PUBLIC forum not a PRIVATE one. Hence, if you post something, you should be prepared to get shot down in flames, especially when your posts appear to be of the "look at me" variety. This thread and your notice to TB have rightly been ripped to shreds. If you want to send those kind of messages to the individuals involved then do it via email or post - not on a public forum. After all you don't see me thanking Brighton Lions for the help they've given to my local Scout Group and publicly announcing a £100 donation as a thank you on here *bugger* :facepalm:

*** edit *** - instead of flouncing off you could always grow a backbone !

Yes, this.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Leave the bloke alone, people post all sorts of things on here, many are thanks to the club for sending cards, wreaths, condolences, don't recall people slagging off those threads, should those of been sent privately to the club too ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I lost all respect for the OP when he made up loads of bullshit rumours as mentioned above. Now these threads give me the impression that he is either attention seeking or thinks that everyone cares that 'Michelle helped him out'. Seriously, if you want to deliver a personal message do it privately... No one else cares...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Leave the bloke alone, people post all sorts of things on here, many are thanks to the club for sending cards, wreaths, condolences, don't recall people slagging off those threads, should those of been sent privately to the club too ?

Agreed, there are some crass topics and posts on here yet if you're 'in' it's fine. Who would you let see you shit? What sort of topic is that? And many the same. Some bloke with the right intentions posts and NSC fraternity have a collective feeding frenzy. So much for individuality. I guess it's easier to 'bully' in packs.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Agreed, there are some crass topics and posts on here yet if you're 'in' it's fine. Who would you let see you shit? What sort of topic is that? And many the same. Some bloke with the right intentions posts and NSC fraternity have a collective feeding frenzy. So much for individuality. I guess it's easier to 'bully' in packs.

But it's allways been a forthright place for contrasting views. Surely you, or Jimbo (anyone..?) actually read and enjoyed NSC enough to join; It's no good claiming 'Shock, surprise, horror and disdain' after the event... :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But it's allways been a forthright place for contrasting views. Surely you, or Jimbo (anyone..?) actually read and enjoyed NSC enough to join; It's no good claiming 'Shock, surprise, horror and disdain' after the event... :shrug:

Haven't claimed any of what you post fella, and yes I do enjoy the more enlightening posts and threads on here, especially the threads that turn into complete laughs, some talented writers out there. But, as tedious as it could be, read back on this thread and see how many have literally copied the previous poster purely to belittle the guy in their own nickname and to be seen as 'one of...'. It only needs to be heard once, not countless times by the 'herd'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Haven't claimed any of what you post fella, and yes I do enjoy the more enlightening posts and threads on here, especially the threads that turn into complete laughs, some talented writers out there. But, as tedious as it could be, read back on this thread and see how many have literally copied the previous poster purely to belittle the guy in their own nickname and to be seen as 'one of...'. It only needs to be heard once, not countless times by the 'herd'.

Are you just copying the other posters who defend jimbo so that you all can have your own little clique, or do you actually believe what you're saying? I would hope, given your criticisms, it's the latter. If you can have a thought that happens to agree with the thoughts of other people without it being a subversive attempt to form some sort of online society, why can't other posters happen to post their similar thoughts?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Are you just copying the other posters who defend jimbo so that you all can have your own little clique, or do you actually believe what you're saying? I would hope, given your criticisms, it's the latter. If you can have a thought that happens to agree with the thoughts of other people without it being a subversive attempt to form some sort of online society, why can't other posters happen to post their similar thoughts?

fair and reasonable and quite possibly unanswerable

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It wasn't wholly aimed at you (see the 'anyone?' insert) but actually from your post, i get that you were:

Shocked, suprised and in some horror about a certain thread and it's content.

And your comment 'many the same' seems to be showing disdain i feel.

You later ask for 'individuality' - That thread starter has it in bucket loads i'd say. I hovered over it, got a flavour of what was to come, and moved on rapido; easy to do..

Open a thread/start a thread - then it's the message board equivalent of Caveat Emptor on here. Never been different.

An alternative for those who prefer the lighter side of life.. - http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/43861/13160019/Guidelines_for_Tibetan_Buddhist_Forum

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Much more of this bullying and i can see Jimbo picking one of you up and slamming you on the ground. Let him be, for gawd's sake, no matter how annoying you think he sounds.

MB is correct here I think, just the usual dullards jumping on the NSC bullying bandwagon. A few of the usual mouth and no trouser brigade steam in then the rest stick the boot in when he's on the deck. :tosser: the lot o you.
What he's trying to say is the club have been great towards him and one member of staff has been particularly helpful. Is that so bad seeing how many threads crop up on here slagging them off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here