Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A big CLAP for Dean Wilkins tomorrow?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's done ok but i do not thing a standing ovation for achieving nothing is a good idea. At the end of the day Wilkins has had the easiet ride of any manager since I have watched them in 3 5 years in that the fans and board expected nothing and demanded nothing, something he has achieved in delivering.

Don't go over the top. Will you be happy with failing to make the play off's next season or the season after. We should also be targetting the top 2 not this play off 1 in 4 lottery shit.

I will give the team , not particularly Wilkins a gentle round of applause for 30 seconds and then be on my way home.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
comparing to last year isn't the whole picture as some of his decisions last season was the reason we were so piss poor.
He has improved as have the team, I will clap him tomorrow, he's done a reasonable job.

Next year I think anything other than the play offs would be failure

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey, seems there are a few Shinawatras on this thread who were expecting us to ROMP off this year.
We've improved, we've progressed, we've evolved. Can't ask for much more than that. More of the same next season and we're in the HUNT aye.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
not going, but applause I think is due much to the vast improvement on last year on not much dollar spent really

some good teams above us, hopefully next year can improve some more

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not really Easy, I just don't think a standing ovation for achieving nothing is good or healthy, now or for the future.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
not going, but applause I think is due much to the vast improvement on last year on not much dollar spent really

some good teams above us, hopefully next year can improve some more

Probably the most amount of money spent for over a decade ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not really Easy, I just don't think a standing ovation for achieving nothing is good or healthy, now or for the future.

Well its not exactly meant as a "standing ovation" in my book. Its just some polite applause for their efforts this season. Yes, I will be standing up and clapping in thanks for that, all it is is just showing a bit of appreciation, thats all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you have a job and fail to reach your target ( promotion or the play offs ) in any other profession you would not get or expect praise. It sends out the wrong message. Wilkins will think I've done well here, mid table next season will be ok with this lot. We need to raise the bar a bit imo.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a thought

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

See, that's where you're wrong, Giver.

He has achieved something. He has achieved a vast improvement in the quality of the squad. Of the players playing for us last season, almost every regular first-team player has improved man-for-man this season. He has achieved a sense of hope returning to the crowd, where previously there was very little. He has achieved a status where he has a good morale amongst the playing squad - aside from those who are about to be turfed out, of course.

Also, you seem to think that the cost of the player is always in direct proportion to the value of the player. That, of course, is utter bollocks. Is Nicky Forster three-quarters the player Zamora was, or 15 times the player Peter Ward was, and one quarter what Glenn Murray is?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you have a job and fail to reach your target ( promotion or the play offs ) in any other profession you would not get or expect praise. It sends out the wrong message. Wilkins will think I've done well here, mid table next season will be ok with this lot. We need to raise the bar a bit imo.

So you're expecting us to get WORSE?

Or is that hoping we get worse in order to bang on senselessly about the ultimately very timely departure of Mark McGhee?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

A prudent boss would praise the work ethic and congratulate his worker on a decent effort in aiming to achieve a difficult target.

We finished top of the also rans and that is an achievement (I think) worthy of a show of gratitude.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
How do we clap Wilkins if he is not in the dug out ?

if you look he is in the dug out in the second half - steve coppell used to do this was he slagged off - doubt it - most people on here want to have a pop at dean at every oportunity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here