Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9th July?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Like many others I am glad we have finally got a date, the club know that they are having to lower prices and incentivise to raise interest levels and thats good, because its almost a last throw of the dice to get some kids interested in the Albion, if its reffered to yet another enquiry I think that will be it as far as Falmer is concerned as the interest levels in lower league mid table going nowhere football clubs is about to bottom out. I've noticed a growing trend of other clubs only being able to raise the funds for a new stadium by underpinning it to a retail or other development, we cant do that, so where the hell is funding coming for, for a sole use stadium that would in present optimistic terms be half empty for every game.

When I attend a game these days I am staggered by the amount of STH's in the North Stand who are also corporate donors etc who think that Falmer is a dream that will never be acheived, I still think it will, but we have to get a yes in July, or the dream for many will be over.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The financial arrangements for the stadium were part of the public inquiry requirements so that has already been taken care of.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Yorkie said:
The financial arrangements for the stadium were part of the public inquiry requirements so that has already been taken care of.

No they havent, they were based on figures that are no longer accurate in 2007, correct me if I am wrong but it didnt give actual names of financial institutions and the exact amount they were prepared to lend, much of it assumes we will be able to raise the cash, but in simple terms we HAVE to borrow some of it, but as other clubs have learned to their horror, banks just simply are not willing to back small football clubs anymore, so will we have to look elsewhere ? Perry is silent as usual

Intersetingly I have just been involved in the construction of an Aircraft Hanger that required Planning permission, when we submitted the application back in 2004, the estimated cost was £3.4 million, its just about to be finished at cost of 9.7 million, the difference is made up with the increase in the price of materials and changes to the plans that were due to legislation (Health and Safety etc) changes in the 3 years it took for it to become a reality.

Perry continually dodges these questions because they dont have firm answers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Of course we have to borrow it. It's called a mortgage.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rougvie said:
No they havent, they were based on figures that are no longer accurate in 2007, correct me if I am wrong but it didnt give actual names of financial institutions and the exact amount they were prepared to lend, much of it assumes we will be able to raise the cash, but in simple terms we HAVE to borrow some of it, but as other clubs have learned to their horror, banks just simply are not willing to back small football clubs anymore, so will we have to look elsewhere ? Perry is silent as usual

Perry continually dodges these questions because they dont have firm answers.
Are we a 'small' football club? Is this the limit of our potential - to be 'small'?

Of course we have to borrow money, that was set out in the Public Inquiry. The package is worked on a business model which is made as attractive and as realisitic that any lender would be prepared to accept.

Perry is 'dodging' (what an appalling way to put it) public answers because at present, they're none of our business. Who would publicly disclose any financial partners or packages well in advance of any deals being done. Yet you want Perry to tell all. Talk about making us unattractive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here