Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9th July?

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Les Biehn said:
So you have finally meet a girl eh Potter. I wouldn't take her to Falmer, its not very exciting. Also why such a specific date so far in the future, get in there now son.

Potter is a bit of a romeo

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Someone I know met with Perry recently and he was very nervous that the decision to open a NEW public enquiry was a very real possibility. The comment by perry in this latest report that we are in the home straight is at best extremely optimistic. It may happen but even if she says yes, we've got to go back through the whole flippin Lewes DC appeal process again. I'm increasingly of the opinion that we should have taken far more direct action against Lewes DC a long time ago. What has pussy footing around and being nice and funny done for us so far???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:

The validity of the Secretary of State’s decision may be challenged by making an application to the High Court within six weeks from the date of the decision letter. That means, I guess, that we won't be celebrating a final victory until 20 August at the earliest.

you see why I cant get excited about this

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We WILL get Falmer. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yorkie said:
We WILL get Falmer. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

We should have had it six to seven years ago. This is beyond a joke. What is this country coming to. The whole planning process is completely shafted when a very small minority can delay something that is for the good of the community as a whole. This is so f***ing annoying. The amount of work that has gone into this, the detail of the plans, the reports on all other possible sites and yet the stupid cow can't now make a decision for another bloody six months. Its absolute nonsense that defies any level of common sense at all. Nothing is actually happening. Its just stuck on some pen pushers desk gathering dust just to make it look like it is being looked at again. What a complete and utter fuuuucking liberty.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I know when we should have had it but I'm not going to give in now just as we are into the final furlong.

Why let Lewes read that we are battle weary. They read this board and will be wetting themselves over it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bet the postcards scared them as much as the flowers we sent to JP. I'm sure Lewes DC really freaked out when for the thousandth time we sang at a football match "We want Falmer".

I truly believe the only thing we can do is direct action against Lewes DC. And therefore everyone should get behind the Seagulls Party as much as possible. 500 members? We should have thousands behind this because this will actually make a difference. Lets frighten these bastards in their back yard. The only thing they care about is losing their seat. If we can give everything we have got into trying to achieve that it will make a difference. But also lets focus on that bitch at the top. Rallies/Protests in Lewes are long overdue.

What they have done is attempted to kill a football club that does so much good for the community of Sussex just because they don't want bigger Brighton flexing its muscles over Lewes. Its an absolute scandal and all the time there are people sitting around moaning and not doing anything about it.

Do you think Shoreham Harbour would have stopped taking live exports if the protestors had sent postcards and flowers to John Prescott? No they stopped because every day they had a delivery hundreds of lunatics turned up at their door causing grief for their staff, increasing police costs etc.

And I am not suggesting violence, but just trying to make the point that at some stage (and I think we are already about 4 years too late) Lewes District have got to realise the consequences of what they are doing.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Am bored with it all to be honest - my passion went a few years ago and went seriously downhill since we lost the goldstone - before you start, i did Gillingham, and Hereford and Sudbury ect ect.

Whats the point is sendin ballooons aned postcards? To be honest, I have run out of time for / grown out of supporting the Albion - they will always be the only team I look out for but to be honest, after more than 10 years fighting for one thing and another, I have got bored, there is more to life. Its not like we are fighing to stay a live anymore - everone bickers over a ground that we know we will get eventually - bet you all ready have your arguments planned about how current season ticket holders should have discounted season tickets in teh dug outs. You all argue about teh allocation of spurs tickets, people in teh singing section, the catering, the lack of forks with pies...

whatever happened to the team and the football and the fans ??? Its all moan, moan f***ing moan about everything...

Bollocks to the lot of you whinging bastards i say....

Let football be football again without all the CRAP that goes on internally - god knows we have enough of a struggle keeping the club above water and staying in the same league each season.

To be honest, if you dont like where you sit - move, if you dont like withdean - go to away games and if your just a moaning little fucker - go support Man U

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:yawn: :yawn:

Pathetic Trotster

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Why is my opinion pathetic? Is it because I am no longer a season ticket holder? I gave up my season ticket partly because of all teh bullshit that went on, and not because of the team or the results - but because i got sick of the shit and the snotty PM's that came from certain superfans on this board. I couldnt be bothered anymore to spend my weekends and evenings having to avoid certain sanctimonius and insulting posters. My life has turned round since I gave up my season ticket - and to be honest, if that makes me a bad fan - I dont give a monkeys.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Because the STH anti STH is that is all.

Make your choice, stand by it and so be it.

But your credibility will fall in STH and club opinion if you give up and chose not to go as a cash flow is lost.

Last edited:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Errrr - I WAS a season ticket holder for over 5 years - i gave it up because (and not soley) because of the sanctimonious, I am better than you mentality of season ticket holders. I would rather buy a ticket a match than have to sit next to some of these people that think they are better than everyone else.

Dont blame the club for losing fans, blame the fans that think they are superior to everyone else

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Trotster said:
Errrr - I WAS a season ticket holder for over 5 years - i gave it up because (and not soley) because of the sanctimonious, I am better than you mentality of season ticket holders. I would rather buy a ticket a match than have to sit next to some of these people that think they are better than everyone else.

Dont blame the club for losing fans, blame the fans that think they are superior to everyone else
But as you said yourself - if you don't like it, move.

And maybe I'm missing something but how would posts on a messageboard affect your support of the Albion, affect your real life?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Trotster said:
Am bored with it all to be honest - my passion went a few years ago and went seriously downhill since we lost the goldstone - before you start, i did Gillingham, and Hereford and Sudbury ect ect.

Whats the point is sendin ballooons aned postcards? To be honest, I have run out of time for / grown out of supporting the Albion - they will always be the only team I look out for but to be honest, after more than 10 years fighting for one thing and another, I have got bored, there is more to life. Its not like we are fighing to stay a live anymore - everone bickers over a ground that we know we will get eventually - bet you all ready have your arguments planned about how current season ticket holders should have discounted season tickets in teh dug outs. You all argue about teh allocation of spurs tickets, people in teh singing section, the catering, the lack of forks with pies...

whatever happened to the team and the football and the fans ??? Its all moan, moan f***ing moan about everything...

Bollocks to the lot of you whinging bastards i say....

Let football be football again without all the CRAP that goes on internally - god knows we have enough of a struggle keeping the club above water and staying in the same league each season.

To be honest, if you dont like where you sit - move, if you dont like withdean - go to away games and if your just a moaning little fucker - go support Man U

You're moaning about moaning. Classic.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Do you know what - I cant be bothered to answer either of you....

Say what you like - certain people have with their snide comments and PM's have had a little part to play in me stopping going to matches as i dont want to have bump into them. To be be honest, they probably done me a favour...

See ya :wave:

(Damn it, Smells like teen spirit is GOOODDDDD)

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
As this is supposed to be a 'public process' can we 'the public' see all the submissions that have been sent to Ruth Kelly for this latest review process? I'd like to see if LDC actually submitted the document with all the BOLD TYPE COMMENTS, and of course i'm sure Falmer Parish council / CPRE / Save the honey badger society, will have dusted off the old type writer and written some more NIMBY biased drivel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here