Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9th July?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh GREAT another f***ing date has been set, I'm really starting to wish I was never born a BHA fan...face facts people...we're at withdean until we die :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Superseagull said:
As this is supposed to be a 'public process' can we 'the public' see all the submissions that have been sent to Ruth Kelly for this latest review process? I'd like to see if LDC actually submitted the document with all the BOLD TYPE COMMENTS, and of course i'm sure Falmer Parish council / CPRE / Save the honey badger society, will have dusted off the old type writer and written some more NIMBY biased drivel.
Doubtless they have, but if it's merely repeating their same old drivel, Ruth Kelly will ignore it. She specifically stated she doesn't want a repeat of the well-rehearsed soundbites and protests - from either side.

If they have come up with new evidence, they must back it up. FPC simply do not have the resources to find new evidence. They are leaving it to LDC.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Giraffe said:
I bet the postcards scared them as much as the flowers we sent to JP. I'm sure Lewes DC really freaked out when for the thousandth time we sang at a football match "We want Falmer".

I truly believe the only thing we can do is direct action against Lewes DC. And therefore everyone should get behind the Seagulls Party as much as possible. 500 members? We should have thousands behind this because this will actually make a difference. Lets frighten these bastards in their back yard. The only thing they care about is losing their seat. If we can give everything we have got into trying to achieve that it will make a difference. But also lets focus on that bitch at the top. Rallies/Protests in Lewes are long overdue.

What they have done is attempted to kill a football club that does so much good for the community of Sussex just because they don't want bigger Brighton flexing its muscles over Lewes. Its an absolute scandal and all the time there are people sitting around moaning and not doing anything about it.

Do you think Shoreham Harbour would have stopped taking live exports if the protestors had sent postcards and flowers to John Prescott? No they stopped because every day they had a delivery hundreds of lunatics turned up at their door causing grief for their staff, increasing police costs etc.

And I am not suggesting violence, but just trying to make the point that at some stage (and I think we are already about 4 years too late) Lewes District have got to realise the consequences of what they are doing.

Bang On - I was one of those Lunatics at Shoreham Harbour and I strongly believe direct action against LDC in LEWES should have been taken about 15 months ago and every week since then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Bang On - I was one of those Lunatics at Shoreham Harbour and I strongly believe direct action against LDC in LEWES should have been taken about 15 months ago and every week since then.

It's going to come to that if LDC keep on abusing the democratic process. They'll have brought it down on their own heads.

Uncle Spielberg said:

I've thought the same but haven't quite figured out what the direct action would or could be. One thing is for certain, LDC have taken the piss big time and deserve anything that comes their way.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nemesis said:
I've thought the same but haven't quite figured out what the direct action would or could be. One thing is for certain, LDC have taken the piss big time and deserve anything that comes their way.

If every Albion fan in LDC land withheld that part of their council tax that has been squandered on opposing the Community Stadium, then the council would soon become bogged down in the paperwork needed to instigate court proceedings. Those of a nervous disposition could always pay up at the last moment while braver souls could have their day in court. Sure, it would lead to LDC having to squander even more of their taxpayers money to try and recoup the missing monies, but at least it would bring the argument to the attention of all non-footballing consituents. With any luck they'd revolt. Council Tax Riots anyone?

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Born on the 9th of July. They should make a film about it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
dougdeep said:
Born on the 9th of July. They should make a film about it.

:clap2: :clap2: :albion: :clap2: :clap2: .......................i would be lead role.........its my birthday:wave: (9th July that is):drink: :drink:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Why would Ruth Kelly want to re-open the inquiry to look into sheepcoat.

Surely that has been all done under the last inquiry. If she does ask for another inquiry, then can the club afford it?

Secondly what would Brighton & Hove Council view be on building at Sheepcoat be?

What would the chances of getting planning permission be, if say the Govt seemed in favour of Sheepcoat but B&H council were not?

To be honest, I just want a new stadium and I dont care where.

DIFFBROOK said:
Why would Ruth Kelly want to re-open the inquiry to look into sheepcoat.

Surely that has been all done under the last inquiry. If she does ask for another inquiry, then can the club afford it?

Secondly what would Brighton & Hove Council view be on building at Sheepcoat be?

What would the chances of getting planning permission be, if say the Govt seemed in favour of Sheepcoat but B&H council were not?

To be honest, I just want a new stadium and I dont care where.

What would Brighton & Hove Council view be on building at Sheepcote be?

They're against it.

The Club would have to apply to the City Council for planning permission. Drawing up that planning application would take some time. Assuming the current position doesn't change, the Council would turn the planning application down. The Club would then have to appeal against this decision. This would lead to a Public Inquiry and the decision would be taken by the Secretary of State - on the basis of the report of the Inquiry Inspector.

If the Council wished to persist in their opposition to a stadium at Sheepcote Valley, they would have another weapon in their armory, of course. They could refuse to sell the land to the Club.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Having been to the match at Whitehawk today with a few hundred fans there, the hold ups and traffic were bad enough. I can't begin to imagine how bad it would be with 22,000.

Yorkie said:
Having been to the match at Whitehawk today with a few hundred fans there, the hold ups and traffic were bad enough. I can't begin to imagine how bad it would be with 22,000.
I'M SURE IT WAS VERY GOOD COMPARED WITH STADIA IN MOST URBAN AREAS. THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEMS.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At least the Falmer bats would be safeguarded. :drink:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
At least we now have some dates for the next part of the process. And there is still the possibility that the make-up of LDC could change before the decision and the 'new' council decide not to appeal.

Yorkie - you are bang on. If we let LDC (or anyone else) grind us down then they will win. Annoying as it is that it takes longer to decide whether to build Falmer than Heathrow Terminal 5 we have to stay the course. I am simply grateful that the board of the club have also decided to keep going rather than simply chuck in the towel. If that happens then my kids may end up watching Worthing and that is a very depressing prospect at the moment!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What a depressing thread. Why are so many of you giving up? For heaven's sake you pathetic backsliders show a bit of backbone. Yes it's boring, long-winded and depressing but the amount of people saying "I can't be bothered any more" is worrying. Thank God you weren't around in 1940.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
yes but it only took 6 and a half years to defeat Hitler and his Nazi's and the Japs against all the odds, this has taken 10 years so far

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I was one of those Lunatics at Shoreham Harbour and I strongly believe direct action against LDC in LEWES should have been taken about 15 months ago and every week since then.

Spot on. You may keep your Dunkirk spirit -- I give you Animal House:

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: Germans!?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... (thinks hard)...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons -- that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here