Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

90% off Southern train tickets **Heads up for Thursday 26th May**

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Bloody annoying, eh? I'm trying to book tickets for travelling tomorrow and then a scatter gun approach for other potential trips. Will save a large sum!

exactly the same as me! i want my cheap ticket for tomo!!

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
"90% ADVANCE TICKET SALE EXTENDED TO MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 29th MAY 2011"

I thought the aim of the sale was to advertise their website when in fact all its done is to show us how awful the website is!
Anyways, we've got all weekend to book them now!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'm trying to book for that game as well as The Derby :US:
Think I'm gonna leave it for now and try again after midnight.

Yeah I'm looking to book up the Lords trip too.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Well sod all of you, I'm trying to book a day return to Lancing from Portslade for tonight and save about 10p. Can you all just stop using it for 5 minutes? Cheers x

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been on this site but am unable to find the tickets with 90% discount. I tried for 2 tickets Durrington to Haywards Heath and return a couple of days later but without success. I have tried it as a return and as 2 singles but still no luck so e mailed them and gota reply that they will answer within 5 days so phoned and left a number for them to call back but that hasn't happened as yet. Will try again tomorrow.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i think its a cheeky scam. only 750000 tickets available it says. which i bet have 'gone' while their site was down.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have weekends booked for Chichester, Arundel and Lewes for £2.80 each. And the first Amex game from London and back for £1.70.
Slow as f***, but very worth its while in the long run.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
At last it works (sometimes) but all the tickets I can find only have the 10% online discount

They need to be advance fares, only on specific routes. West coastway to London Vic seems to work, along with Brighton to London Vic. From London to Southampton also, not sure of any others though.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
I have been on this site but am unable to find the tickets with 90% discount. I tried for 2 tickets Durrington to Haywards Heath and return a couple of days later but without success. I have tried it as a return and as 2 singles but still no luck so e mailed them and gota reply that they will answer within 5 days so phoned and left a number for them to call back but that hasn't happened as yet. Will try again tomorrow.

The 90% off is only on advance tickets, which are only available on longer journeys such as to/from London. You won't get them for local trips to Durrington even when you can get the site to work, which seems to be a problem even at 1AM

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
The 90% off is only on advance tickets, which are only available on longer journeys such as to/from London. You won't get them for local trips to Durrington even when you can get the site to work, which seems to be a problem even at 1AM

Could you buy say Worthing to London for 45p and just get off at Brighton ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just received a blanket e mail from southern railways saying what a success the promotion was as 140,000 people bought tickets and apologising for website problems. I replied that the website wasa disgrace and only showed 10% discount on journey from Durrington to Haywards Heath when the office said it should have been 90% discount. Also the call back service they operate didnt work because nobody bothered to call back to see what my problem was. The whole thing was a shambles and I honestly dont think they wanted it to work properly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could you buy say Worthing to London for 45p and just get off at Brighton ?

The ticket has to be put in the slot at the barriers to let you out , as it is the wrong destination the barrier wont open and you'll have to pay a penalty charge for travelling without a valid ticket.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just received a blanket e mail from southern railways saying what a success the promotion was as 140,000 people bought tickets and apologising for website problems. I replied that the website wasa disgrace and only showed 10% discount on journey from Durrington to Haywards Heath when the office said it should have been 90% discount. Also the call back service they operate didnt work because nobody bothered to call back to see what my problem was. The whole thing was a shambles and I honestly dont think they wanted it to work properly.

The call back option is what it is , its optional whether or not they call you back. If the call centre is in India they probably dont have a clue where Durrington is , let alone Haywards Heath.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Why would they need to call you back, you already pointed out your grievance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here