Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

90,000 at Wembley

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Free tickets for me.....can't wait.

Will be doing a pie comparison....from memory the wembley pies arent too shabby.
Food at Wembley is unbelieveably expensive. For the cost of a Wembley pie you could probably have a decent meal elsewhere, but each to his own.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did the same when England played Turkey once (when they were bad) and we won 5-0 or 6-0 or something.

Late 80's I think, we beat them 8-0.

Neil Webbs England debut I seem to remember, for some reason.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
san marino have scored 19 goals and conceded 467

what is the POINT?!

That is the sort of form that I'm sure it will drag lots of the London Man U fans in, no point in them going unless a win is guaranteed.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My 13yo is going on a school coach trip, £30 all in. He gets a trip with his mates, first visit to Wembley, should see a few goals. I've warned him about Wembley prices so he'll be joining the packed supper brigade with sweets for the journey.

If it wasn't sold out, NSC moaners would be doing their usual kids-for-a-quid whinge-fest.

Personally, I'm less than bothered. I'm in London on business today but wouldn't go even if tickets were available on the gate.

PG

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Reasons to go are: tickets are cheap,guaranteed to see goals,get to go to wembley,fills the gap between ALBION games.

Since when has £25 been regarded as a cheap ticket???????
But this is also LIVE on ITV!. So not only are you paying £35 to watch the shittiest team in international football, but you could have saved the money , stayed at home in the warm, and still watched the game.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I'm going because it will help me maintain my position near the top of the loyalty points table with a view to being close to the front of the queue for tickets at Euro 2016 in France.

Don't worry. the experience of watching England in a major tournament will show you the error of your thinking.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd go further than that to be honest, take out pots 5&6 and have them pre-qualify:

Armenia (70)
Finland (75)
Estonia (79)
Cyprus (80)
Latvia (83)
Moldova (85)
Macedonia (96)
Azerbaijan (111)
Faroe Islands (112)
Wales (112)
Liechtenstein (118)
Iceland (121)
Kazakhstan (126)
Luxembourg (128)
Malta (173)
Andorra (203)
San Marino (203)

Trophy for winner and auto qualification for next tournament, best 4 qualify for league phase. 8 Groups of 4, top qualify, 2nd places and 2 best 3rd play off for other 5 places.

Only 6 games played rather than 10, and then we can then get our 2 week winter break in between FA cup round 3 & 4.

Missed out Scotland

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can understand people who live within a shortish travelling distance to Wembley going, but going through all the hassle of getting to and from Wembley from other parts of the country for an evening game I cannot relate to at all. Is it really worth it?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Food at Wembley is unbelieveably expensive. For the cost of a Wembley pie you could probably have a decent meal elsewhere, but each to his own.

This. £13 for a beer and fish and chips. :nono:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I saw England V Wales Euro qualifier last year and it
was half empty !!!!!
So called England fans turning up tonight
just to see a goal fest ?? Wankers !!!

Oct 25, 2003
Same reason I have watched Brighton at Gillingham we are surpporters not plastic ones.

i'm really not sure you can compare supporting one of *possibly* the worst football league sides of all time to supporting a team that is playing the poorest national side on earth in a completely one-sided affair

well, i jest, good luck to those going to wembley to support roy's boys.......it's more that i don't see any point in this fixture whatsoever....nothing in it at all for either side apart from the prospect of england boosting their goal difference

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
...and to support England! They might not be popular at the moment, but I am pleased that some real fans are still prepared to go no matter who the opposition is.
If they were 'real fans', then how come they weren't all at England's recent, more competetive games?

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I wouldn't go if i lived in Wembley and tickets were free - life's too short to waste on a non-event like this. Out to the Comedy Festival for me tonight, and check out whether the game ended 6-0 or 9-0 in the morning, if i can be arsed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here