Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

90,000 at Wembley

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
February 1993, I was at that game v San Marino at Wembley. We were expecting a goal fest, it was 2-0 at half time, the players went off to a chorus of "what a load of rubbish". Second half, despite Tony Dorigo giving the single worst performance for a football player, ever, anywhere, for any team, in any league, in the history of the game (apart from Dirk Lehman) Ingurland managed another 4 goals to make it 6-0 in the end.

I was there.

John Barnes was booed. A lot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andy Carroll at 11/4? Will probably finish the game, and San Marino will have no idea how to defend against him. Lots of free-kicks around the box and decent delivery from Gerrard, could fill his boots.

Gerrard is suspended I think, but yes, Carroll could well notch a few.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm not too good at this betting thing, but found some odds that look nice:

First goal 0-10 minutes 6/5
San Marino to lead at any time 20/1
Gangnam Style celebration 2/1

Manuel Marani to score first, England win 7-1 4000/1 :clap:

Both teams to score 9/2

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's got to be worth a hundred quid on anyone's money? Surely?

This is a pretty sensible bet, tbh, if you are lucky enough to have £100 that you can play with. SURELY England can rack up FOUR, aginst the team the Germans put THIRTEEN past?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I imagine loads of kids and tourists have been signed up for this one, as the FA know England's real fans won't really want to go. There's nothing wrong with that in my book. Filling 90,000 seats for a game against San Marino is a fantastic achievement and one I'm not sure any other country would manage.

It does seem like a lot of effort for very little reward though. If I lived in London I'd probably go, but two hours of travelling and at least £50 in costs means there are many better ways to enjoy my time and spend my money.

I think that the people who were Olympics volunteers have been offered discounted ticket costing £20.12. And the family enclosure has beeen extended to hold 28,000!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I guess like Man U - there is an endless stream of mugs who will pay to watch them.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Oct 25, 2003
i wonder if those criticising others for not wanting to pay to watch a game where there can be only one winner (and where one team would be happy to keep the score below 10) would be excited to pay 25 quid to watch the albion face off against mile oak

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here