Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

90,000 at Wembley

Oct 11, 2005
London
I think some of the comments on this thread are pathetic.

It probably won't be a great game to watch, but I'm going because I'm a loyal supporter. There have been loads of equally unappealing Albion games over the years, but luckily not all of our fans have the same attitude as you.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I thought I read somewhere that if you bought a ticket for the San Marino game, it gave you prioroity for tickets for the Brazil game.

Brazil? Again? We have played them so many times in recent years at Wembley. The novelty's worn off.

I think the last time we played Argentina at Wembley was 1991 but there must have been another time since then surely and at anytime was in November 2005 in Switzerland. Playing the Argies is always special giving the history with the Falklands War and that cheating c**t Maradona. Not to mention some cracking World Cup matches especially in France 1998.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Stop press!! NSC with another anti-England thread!!

:tosser:

I would've thought that knowing how awfully bad we've (BHA) been in recent years you would understand the concept of a loyal supporter. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Going to have to have a small wager on this game, to keep it interesting.

Correct score is a mug's bet - it could end as anything.

Anyone seen any odds for 'More than 4 England goals'?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or odds please for a Rooney hat-trick / Defore hat-trick.

Thank you.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
90,000 of us are expecting a Goal Fest, so I'm fully expecting a 2-0.

February 1993, I was at that game v San Marino at Wembley. We were expecting a goal fest, it was 2-0 at half time, the players went off to a chorus of "what a load of rubbish". Second half, despite Tony Dorigo giving the single worst performance for a football player, ever, anywhere, for any team, in any league, in the history of the game (apart from Dirk Lehman) Ingurland managed another 4 goals to make it 6-0 in the end.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whenever I think of San Marino, I can't get past the 7-1 in which Ian Wright ran riot. But obviously, the important bit was that we didn'tr qualify because Holland beat Poland, and the whole campaign was neatly summarised by England allowing San Marino the lead inside 7 seconds when Stuart Pearce made a backpass woefully short.

Or as Paul Merton put it on HIGNFY: "Go on, just tap it!" :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not sure about the hat-trick bets now. Was quite taken by the 5/2 for Defoe, but I'm put off by this:

Hodgson did not appear overly concerned by San Marino, who have won only one and drawn five of their 114 internationals, conceding 473 goals.

He refused to say who is in the starting XI but did reveal that next week's trip to Warsaw will influence his selection.

"We have a very important [World Cup qualifying] game in Poland on Tuesday, so of course a lot of my thoughts are how best to use my squad," he added

I can see Rooney and Defoe both starting, then getting taken off as soon as the games well won, before they get the chance to slot a third...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure correct score is a mug's game at all. You already know what one team is going to score, so half the work is done for you. Of course, you need to pick a number between four and eight for the other team, but it's not exactly as tough as predicting the score of Man United v Man City.

4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 and 8-0 are all available for between 5/1 and 10/1. I think 7-0 at 8/1 is where I'd go.

Fair point.

I still think its a tough guess though. Have you seen any odds for 'more than <insert #> England goals'?

Anything better than evens for 'more than 4' would be attractive.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not sure about the hat-trick bets now. Was quite taken by the 5/2 for Defoe, but I'm put off by this:

I can see Rooney and Defoe both starting, then getting taken off as soon as the games well won, before they get the chance to slot a third...

Andy Carroll at 11/4? Will probably finish the game, and San Marino will have no idea how to defend against him. Lots of free-kicks around the box and decent delivery from Gerrard, could fill his boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here