Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 inches over the line !!!!

downsclown

Jan 1, 2012
Had some queer bloke sat next to me who kept asking my name and wanting to hold my hand, tis true then !!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Funny how the linesman fails to see a Saints effort go over the line but the referee looking the other way see's enough to be able to send off Rickie Lambert.
Anyway, Saints well in control for 50 mins, two really good chances spurned (again). Lallana and Cork very good, Connolly nowhere near fit, and we really missed Schniderlein. After the sending off there was only one team on the pitch. Well done Brighton, thought Caskey was brilliant, Lualua returned to his earlier form and you had a keeper in that could actually save shots. Enjoyed the stadium, would rather had buried my head in my hands with Saints fans, but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

The ref turned round just as Lambert elbowed El Abd, as for the ball over the line how could you have seen that from the south stand i did not see the ball over the line from behind the goal in the north,but if it was it`s justice for the 2 ridiculous pens at st Marys.Glad you mentioned the keeper that can actualy make a save, he played a blinder for us last season in cup games against bigger clubs, he should have replaced Ankers months ago,we now have a keeper we can rely on not to flap when the pressures on.Championes thats just banter, be honest we have not had a lot to sing about for a long time now.The ground is excellent it`s a pity the away fans are not next to the North stand where the atmosphere is created as it is at st Marys.Good luck with your promotion run but i cannot fail to dislike your physio

downsclown

Jan 1, 2012
Judging by the childish replies, I take it no one read the whole post. Exept Mutts Nuts, cheers.

Oct 25, 2003
it was over the line.......unlike the 'penalty' you were given against us

we've had some awful luck this season....today was brilliant, everything went our way

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Do the lines matter though? The markings of the penalty area didn't matter at St Mary's, and the goalline at the end didn't matter either. Well, until the second half.

If Lambert hadn't been wound up by the game's finest wind-up merchant, who knows what would have happened. But he was, and by the time your guy managed to piss off Greer enough to get a clap around the ear, we had strolled into a 3-0 lead. Lovely.

its a fair point!!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
it was over the line.......unlike the 'penalty' you were given against us

we've had some awful luck this season....today was brilliant, everything went our way

This, what goes around comes around. Game turned on the red card, very little in it til then and thought Caskey had a blinder,very direct, just what we've been lacking.
MOM - Matt Sparrow imo

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Bobby "Offside" Stokes in the 76 cup final?

Funny how the linesman fails to see a Saints effort go over the line but the referee looking the other way see's enough to be able to send off Rickie Lambert.
Anyway, Saints well in control for 50 mins, two really good chances spurned (again). Lallana and Cork very good, Connolly nowhere near fit, and we really missed Schniderlein. After the sending off there was only one team on the pitch. Well done Brighton, thought Caskey was brilliant, Lualua returned to his earlier form and you had a keeper in that could actually save shots. Enjoyed the stadium, would rather had buried my head in my hands with Saints fans, but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

D

Deleted member 18477

The ball was over the line! But do you remember the penalty you got that was 18 inches outside the box? Short memories!

Albion Rob

I was bang in line with it in the WSU and it didn't look over the line - I'd appreciate the view of [MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]pandapops who its two rows in front and a couple of seats to the left of me but from my view along the goal line the ball never crossed it. Presumably the linesman who had the same view but closer agreed.

I always think the Championes banter is a bit lame as why would Championship teams care that we won the league below last year but on this occasion it holds some weight because of what Adkins said.

I must admit I was surprised at how badly they crunbled when Lambert walked - I would have expected a bit more from a side hoping to be in the Prem in five months' time against a patchwok team lacking any real form for a month but there you go. Thought we absolutely dominated (which doesn't always happen after a sending off and could have had more.

Nice to win by a clear margin, too, could actually enjoy the last 5 mins.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
T

Aren't we the lucky ones that the lino chose to have another mince pie, could not keep up with the play and denied you your consolation goal. Kind of evens out the st Mary's episode n'est-ce pas?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
WSU Block H. Definately over the line.

Makes up for the "penalty" at St Mary's.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i thought it was over the line and as the replay scoreboards went into convienient shutdown mode i assume the director also thought it was over , what goes around ect ect

9 inches?

looked like more than that from where is was.

Great isn't it.:D

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
It could have hit the back of the net and bounced out for all I care. It didn't count, we thrashed them and kept a clean sheet. Well done the reserves!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here