Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 inches over the line !!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When it happened I was convinced it was over the line, I have since seen it on ssn, and that confirms to me it was.
D'Urso definitely saw it, I didn't follow the ball on the clearance, and noticed them tangled on the floor. It actually looked to me like Lambert kicked El Abd, but ssn show it was a clear punch, and the ref was looking at it.
Greer, looking on ssn as I missed it live, appears to put his hand up in anticipation of the forward coming close to him, in the same way el abd was on the other side of the penalty box, but the saints player ran into his arm (I know that sounds silly, but I really think on one viewing

hold on, it's on ssn now...

D'urso definitely looking at the lambert incident.
Hmm, not so sure now. Could have been a close range punch, or could have been the saints player making the most of it. Like I said at the ground to a friend, the player seemed to need more treatment than is usual for one making a meal of it, and the linesman was watching, so I'm going not going to argue against it too much.

I don't think Saints troubled us that much in the first half, though had their moments, and for all the trouble we caused Harding, I don't think we really dominated until they went down to 10 men. And even then the first few minutes after our goal we seemed to sit back too much and gave them too much.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Southampton are a one man team and when he got sent off the rest might as well have followed as we took the p*ss.
Without Lambert for three games I see Saints being sucked down into play offs - they looked poor.

Don't be silly.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Funny how the linesman fails to see a Saints effort go over the line but the referee looking the other way see's enough to be able to send off Rickie Lambert.
Anyway, Saints well in control for 50 mins, two really good chances spurned (again). Lallana and Cork very good, Connolly nowhere near fit, and we really missed Schniderlein. After the sending off there was only one team on the pitch. Well done Brighton, thought Caskey was brilliant, Lualua returned to his earlier form and you had a keeper in that could actually save shots. Enjoyed the stadium, would rather had buried my head in my hands with Saints fans, but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

Bit like at your place the game changed on a lino making wrong decision in home sides favour. Your turn muppet, suck it up and f*** off back to your shit hole of a town.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
was as far over the line as their dodgy penalty was outside the box at St Marys. Evens its self out :lolol:

This.

But having seen it again and I was level with the line, the whole ball didn't cross. Also the sky coverage shows a Brighton players sock clearing the ball that looks like the white of the ball. No matter what ist not a goal and we were brilliant today.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Tell me if im wrong but you`re a saints fan that would have been in the away end with the rest of the saints fans so this queer bloke must have been one of yours:tosser:

Beat me to it xbakerbob !! a Saints fan sitting with his own band of gay guys then !!!!!

:lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Funny thing is, I was sat next to him - I thought it was over the line and he thought it wasn't

My comment was very tongue in cheek, just going to the next best extreme.

Your comment does pose the question, where you in the Southampton end? Or was he in the Brighton end?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Also very strange how the ref was looking towards the West Stand when Greer elbowed the Saints player in front of the South Stand, but managed, to send him off straight away without conferring with either lino ?????
Def a sending off but he could not of possibly seen it . Watched it on rewind about 6 times on SKY +
AMAZING ! But misses the scummers goal at least a foot over the line looking straight at it from 10 yards away !

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Someone needs to tell the Saints fans that what their wives tell them is nine inches, isn't actually nine inches.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This.

But having seen it again and I was level with the line, the whole ball didn't cross. Also the sky coverage shows a Brighton players sock clearing the ball that looks like the white of the ball. No matter what ist not a goal and we were brilliant today.
Sorry mate your wrong it was at least a foot over the line just seen it several times on Sky hard to admit but it was !!!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Yeah was over the line but f*** it, we've had enough shit decisions go against us this season I think it was about time we had one go in our favour.
Also I don't see how the op can say they dominated the game for the first 50 mins...... Looked as if it could go either way from where I was watching although we did sit a bit deep for a few minutes after our 1st goal but soon sorted it out.
Brilliant result, my 6 year old daughter had only ever been to the hull game so I'm glad she got to enjoy a few goals & a great atmosphere

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Don't be silly.

3 away games this season without Lambert:

Bristol City 0-2
Doncaseter 0-1
Brighton (51 mins) 0-3

One man team may stretching it a bit, but you certainly look like you need to find another way of playing without him in the team...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also very strange how the ref was looking towards the West Stand when Greer elbowed the Saints player in front of the South Stand, but managed, to send him off straight away without conferring with either lino ?????

The lino waved for the incident, so must have been watching (he looked to be roughly in line, or at least enough to see it). They are mic-ed up and can chat to each other without running across the pitch these days. Just because we don't see them go over to each other, or even look at each other, doesn't mean hey haven't conferred.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
not even too sure why we r bothering to debate the 'goal' incident...thts for them to worry about ..we could of course discuss agin the several feet outside the penalty box of the first penalty thy scored at St Marys...and of course Lamberts dive for the 2nd..In his case what goes around comes around

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Was it over the line or not over the line ??? From behind the goal it was hard to tell.
However, the fact that it wasn't replayed on the big screens seems clear to me it must have crossed the line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here