Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 inches over the line !!!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

We are champions at the moment, untill the end of the season when a different team will be crowned Div1 Champions.:)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It may of been over line it may not we sit inline with the goal and it was not conclusive but did look over so it's all square for your penalty at St Marys that's football. I think you are over optimistic with saints being the better team for most of the game and your finishing was appalling, thought it was a very even game until Lambert went loco. As for the chanting you would do exactly the same in our place that's football, I do see Saints slipping a bit but think you will hang onto a playoff position probably better in the longer term not to go straight up.

---
I am here: Google Maps

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From the family stand in direct line with the 6yrd line....I thought it was over the line and I get the feeling most of us in the ground thought it was too. It's about time the swings and roundabouts went in our favour for a change though, and it's against that 'orrible lot, so....... :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was over the line, but you should have been down to 10 men by that stage anyway if the ref had done his job and sent Harding off for the two-footed jump and persistent foul play.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Funny how the linesman fails to see a Saints effort go over the line but the referee looking the other way see's enough to be able to send off Rickie Lambert.
Anyway, Saints well in control for 50 mins, two really good chances spurned (again). Lallana and Cork very good, Connolly nowhere near fit, and we really missed Schniderlein. After the sending off there was only one team on the pitch. Well done Brighton, thought Caskey was brilliant, Lualua returned to his earlier form and you had a keeper in that could actually save shots. Enjoyed the stadium, would rather had buried my head in my hands with Saints fans, but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

Dude, Lambert elbowed the fella straight in the face on purpose off the ball. No excuses, it was a red card. It was right in front of us.

I totally agree, Connoly not fit enough. Schniderlin yes, we missed him but today Chaplow was missed the most.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's funny, because apparently if you were in the Saints end it was at least a YARD over the line. By 9pm or so I expect we'll be talking in furlongs, or even miles. In fact, from where I was sat, the ball ended up in Lewes, which is evidently why it took Steve Cook so long to hack it clear.

What goes around, comes around. Meh :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's funny, because apparently if you were in the Saints end it was at least a YARD over the line. By 9pm or so I expect we'll be talking in furlongs, or even miles. In fact, from where I was sat, the ball ended up in Lewes, which is evidently why it took Steve Cook so long to hack it clear.

What goes around, comes around. Meh :shrug:

How long until [MENTION=14747]redneb[/MENTION] comes out of the woodwork to say he saw the net bulging? :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dude, Lambert elbowed the fella straight in the face on purpose off the ball. No excuses, it was a red card. It was right in front of us.

I totally agree, Connoly not fit enough. Schniderlin yes, we missed him but today Chaplow was missed the most.

I forgot about Chaplow, good player. Connolly was invisible, I've never seen Lallana have a quieter game (class player), Harding was dreadful for all 36 minutes he played, and that Guly looked a complete carthorse. I can't believe he's scored goals at this level, he looked a terrible player. Was quite gutted when he went off. Oh...and Kelvin Davis...again :lolol:

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Yep, we've all seen replays and it was over the line but I know why the ref didn't give it. From where i sit (East stand, in line with penalty spot), I couldn't see the ball as the two players on the line (can't remember who) were blocking the view. The linesman must have had the same view and therefore not seen the ball actually cross the line.

Southampton are a one man team and when he got sent off the rest might as well have followed as we took the p*ss.
Without Lambert for three games I see Saints being sucked down into play offs - they looked poor.

ps - it looked over the line from the WSU southEnd !

Connolly was invisible
He was particularly lucky to be invisible to the ref early in the first half when, running alongside Tano, he hurled himself to the ground, obviously hoping to win a sending-off for an off-the-ball clash that, er, never actually happened.

And, yes ... well over the line. More than 9 inches. (North Stand, Row J).

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
From my (admittedly poor) viewpoint in WSU, it looked over.

Sadly the assistant referee overruled me.

Funny how the linesman fails to see a Saints effort go over the line but the referee looking the other way see's enough to be able to send off Rickie Lambert.
Anyway, Saints well in control for 50 mins, two really good chances spurned (again). Lallana and Cork very good, Connolly nowhere near fit, and we really missed Schniderlein. After the sending off there was only one team on the pitch. Well done Brighton, thought Caskey was brilliant, Lualua returned to his earlier form and you had a keeper in that could actually save shots. Enjoyed the stadium, would rather had buried my head in my hands with Saints fans, but had to endure Brighton fans reminding me that they are, Championes, that was last year, get over it, we won the FA Cup in 1976 but do not keep reminding everyone about it !! There's only one Bobby Stokes. Brighton will always my second team and am really pleased you got the ground you deserve after that other shit hole.

Another saints fan harking on about 1976:facepalm:

:moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Southampton are a one man team and when he got sent off the rest might as well have followed as we took the p*ss.
Without Lambert for three games I see Saints being sucked down into play offs - they looked poor.

I think we established last season that Southampton without Lambert = Dagenham.

Although to be fair, Dagenham gave us a right bloody runaround last season at Withers before we finally put them down. Unlike Soton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here