Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Consecutive seasons in the top two tiers: 35
Seaweed: 0

Keep trying to be as big as us - you might succeed one day. As I keep saying...you're all DELUDED!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Did you wave your flag, along with the other plastic supporters?
I waved my flag, it was plastic funnily enough,.... though the fans were not,... in fact in the WSU all around me were mostly old guard North Standers, some returning after the crap of Withdean, some never went away....... so hardly plastic fans matey boy.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
consecutive seasons in the top two tiers: 35
seaweed: 0

keep trying to be as big as us - you might succeed one day. As i keep saying...you're all deluded!

or bigger!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wow. Short memories.
Quite. 9,000 is a decent gate for the early stages of a minor competition. The only gates that are ever likely to be bigger are for local derbies (Crawley isn't really a local derby for Palace), big city teams offering cheap tickets, and games at the incredible AMEX Community stadium.

It just happens that 17,000 is an amazing attendance.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Keep trying to be as big as us - you might succeed one day. As I keep saying...you're all DELUDED!

lol you lot are really are stuck in the past.

palace really are the Muppet's of London

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just imagine if they had been playing a Hartlepool or a Carlisle, the crowd would have been just under 7k.
40K All seater stadium that would have looked good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
really you expect a lower gate receipts than 9.000 in the future,
bumped post , think that works both ways.
It could easily happen in the future for a round two league game if we are playing shite and tickets aren't discounted.

In fact, I'm fairly sure Saturday's gate caused a snigger or two on other club forums after only our second home league game of the season on a hot afternoon, and 2,000 empty seats in the home end.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I see Premier League QPR got 4,500 last night. Half what Palace managed.

Now that is feeble.

but QPR don't come on here giving it large how they are a bigger and better club than us, and we plastic supporters with a plastic stadium.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

How many times in Administration two, how many times haqve you ripped off innocent people ? Twice. Are you a joke ?

Yes, yes, yes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The administration thing will never be admitted to by the Palace who come on here bragging about how their little club has managed to somehow stay in the top two leagues for so long. Its a sign of their lack of common decency to consistently and conveniently ignore that fact. Personally I would keep quiet if my club had acted in the improper way that Crystal Palace has over the years. Any other business would certainly have gone for good, after all they are very short of assets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
but QPR don't come on here giving it large how they are a bigger and better club than us, and we plastic supporters with a plastic stadium.
Actually that is a good point well made. The plastic thing is all a bit sad, and when the majority of a 17,000 crowd are paying £24 a ticket for a one off 2nd round league cup game, I think it falls on its arse as a theory regarding our "new" supporters.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The most embarrassing factor is that they have actually had a good start to the season! Lord knows where they'd be if they'd started badly!! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here