Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8.9 magnitude earthquake in japan

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
By the way, if me and my family snuff it because of an aftershock that kills us all during the night, make sure to pm Harold and tell him we want to be buried at Falmer!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This map shows all the earthquakes that have occured around Japan so far today (grey one is the big one)

Attachments

• earthquakes today 2.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 428

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Thanks, mate. In Chiba, on the bay east of Tokyo. I'm on high ground so have got off lucky but other places a couple of train stops down the line have been badly hit. Good job I decided to take the day off work today. Watching some grim stuff unfold on the telly

Good to hear you're safe and sound. Fortunate you took the day off. Keep well mate. :thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It gets worse - Now a dam has burst in the North east of the country and washed away a number of houses :nono:

Thankfully the problems at the nuclear plant at Fukushima are now under control

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Do we have many Japan based NSCers? Other than JCF of course, Glad your ok JCF my thoughts go out to all.

My boy is currently in Japan doing voluntary work in a Tokyo orphanage.Didn't hear anything for some time,but have now heard he is O.K.
Feeling sick from all the shaking and can't get any sleep tho'.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
My boy is currently in Japan doing voluntary work in a Tokyo orphanage.Didn't hear anything for some time,but have now heard he is O.K.
Feeling sick from all the shaking and can't get any sleep tho'.

glad hes ok,

its nice to see there Ambassador chilling in London whilst their country is being fcked though :) :facepalm:

Last edited:

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Thanks.will report any news I hear,but it is now 2a.m. over there now!

ok! its not as bad as they first thought in a lot of places, so hopefully it will pan out ok =/ well as ok as it can be >.<

Last edited:

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
Its weird how i was listening to talk sport the other night and they were talking about how the moons been the closest sicne 1992 and if that would have an effce on the enviroment. They also pointed out the the moon was very close during the 2005 tsunami

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
They say this quake is 8,000 x more pwerful than the recent quake in New Zealand. However could a mega powerful something way of the Rictor scale actually alter the earth,s axis,rotation etc ?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
They say this quake is 8,000 x more pwerful than the recent quake in New Zealand. However could a mega powerful something way of the Rictor scale actually alter the earth,s axis,rotation etc ?

something big enough probably could yes but it would have to be man made you would imagine, nothing natural would be able to cause it - im no scientist but pretty sure thats correct!

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
something big enough probably could yes but it would have to be man made you would imagine, nothing natural would be able to cause it - im no scientist but pretty sure thats correct!

Like you i am no scientist,but i thought to alter the earths axis etc it had to be natural i/e meteorite or earthquake ? Is 'A' bomb powerful enough ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
1841: The situation at the nuclear reactor at Fukushima seems to be worsening. Japanese authorities are now to release radioactive vapour to ease pressure, AP news agency reports. Engineers are trying to fix the cooling system to the main reactor, damaged in the quake

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Like you i am no scientist,but i thought to alter the earths axis etc it had to be natural i/e meteorite or earthquake ? Is 'A' bomb powerful enough ?

well i was thinking more in the future if we could alter the gravitational pull then it would be possible, i dont think there will ever be an earthquake big enough without destroying the world and with the meteor? i feel the same way =/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here