Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8,000 seats

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Do you not think it helps the away team?
How many goals (H and A) have been scored in each goal (N and S)?

It would appear not

Albion goals at the Amex: North 12 South 6
Oppostion goals at the Amex: North 9 South 4

In fact we haven't conceded a goal in front of the away end in the last six games - the last to do so were Leeds back in September!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It would appear not

Albion goals at the Amex: North 12 South 6
Oppostion goals at the Amex: North 9 South 4

In fact we haven't conceded a goal in front of the away end in the last six games - the last to do so were Leeds back in September!

Interesting stats...
We have scored twice as many goals in the end with our fans in as the one with the away fans in.
Three of those goals in the South goal have cost us a total of four points IIRC.

Martin O'Neill believed it did help the opposition as he moved the away fans from behind the goal at Villa Park. Dirty L**ds also moved the away fans from behind the goal into the cheese wedge.

Last edited:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You and me and a few thousand others I think...

With the expansion, I wonder what the club's approach will be to fans who want to change seats - will existing STHs get first shout for the ESU for example before they go on general sale? I imagine it will be a pain in the butt if loads of STHs decide to move, so perhaps the club will decide against doing that....?

This is a reply to an email I sent asking about moving seats;

I am replying to your email on behalf of Sally. The area towards the North stand in West lower is our match day sales area and all other areas have been sold as season tickets holders so we are unable to move you at this time. I will add your request to our season ticket moves request form which we can look at when it is time for renewals so we can explore the possibility to accommodate your request. With the hope for stadium expansion next summer it will depend on what areas are designated for match day sales and extra season tickets.

I would recommend sending us an email or calling the number below when you receive information about the season ticket renewals as we should have the stadium plans by then and a sales/renewal procedure is in place.

Kind Regards

Me personally, I want it all! I want a very good view along with a very good atmosphere. I am currently in ESL in the centre, view great but not so good the atmosphere. I would like either WSL towards the North or ESU towards the North. If the view from the north was as good as the East or West I would try and get in there.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
With 22,000, we can wait a year.

I understand that there's a waiting list of 2,000 potential STHs who might have a different opinion...

It would be a shame not to take advantage of the momentum that the club has at the moment. Better transport would be better (obvs, sorry) but I'd rather have the extra seats even with the transport arrangements we've currently got, even if it takes a bit longer to get home.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I understand that there's a waiting list of 2,000 potential STHs who might have a different opinion...

It would be a shame not to take advantage of the momentum that the club has at the moment. Better transport would be better (obvs, sorry) but I'd rather have the extra seats even with the transport arrangements we've currently got, even if it takes a bit longer to get home.

Yep, I reckon the club will shift them easy...

Plus the waiting list for 1901.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here