Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8,000 seats

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
To be honest, I agree, and in my own experience of all the home games this season, I've had no reason to complain and I've taken numerous options to get away from the stadium. I know that's not everyone's story, but I feel there is a silent majority that actually have a better travel experience than they probably anticipated.

I agree. Very few transport problems from me. There are always going to be issues moving 1000's of people in and out of a stadium and I think Falmer is a lot better than I expected it to be.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If transport is going to be an issue maybe just do the easy option and fill in southern corners and add the extra boxes in South West. 25,000 capacity should be fine for our current fanbase. 2nd tier East can be done as a separate project when we storm into the premiership!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If transport is going to be an issue maybe just do the easy option and fill in southern corners and add the extra boxes in South West. 25,000 capacity should be fine for our current fanbase. 2nd tier East can be done as a separate project when we storm into the premiership!
No bloody point in pi$$ing around and waiting and 25k is not enough as we can also attract large away followings,not to mention the many casuals who would pick and choose without having to worry about a points system.

I say get it all done as you never know it may not get done in the future,the potential is high and the club is on the up:)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

It will save loads of money to just do the whole lot in one go even if we didn't get permission to use them all straight away.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
rather crudely, this is what the amex would look like with 30,000 punters in it..

AMAZING.
(click it)
crude.jpg

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Any idea if the corners of the north end will ever be filled in?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm sure someone told me the other day the corners on the South end will be done first (whether this means they will do this and then wait to do the East I'm not sure.) Also, and i've not heard it mentioned and not sure if it's even possible but apparently they can / will look at putting another tier on the South stand - i'm sure someone will prove this wrong and not a clue if it's the case or indeed can be done. Don't shoot the messenger, i'm just putting it out there...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure someone told me the other day the corners on the South end will be done first (whether this means they will do this and then wait to do the East I'm not sure.) Also, and i've not heard it mentioned and not sure if it's even possible but apparently they can / will look at putting another tier on the South stand - i'm sure someone will prove this wrong and not a clue if it's the case or indeed can be done. Don't shoot the messenger, i'm just putting it out there...

Not to shoot you, but out of interest, where did you hear this?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pretty sure we can't, hence the empty corners

If you look on the thread where the these pics were posted originally you'll find some design plans (wire?) that show north corners both filled but with tunnels going under/through. I think/hope that they can be done.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Surprised that some people are mentioning moving the away end into the corner. One of the things i LOVE about the Amex is the proper home end away end set up. Our north standers behind one goal, away fans down the other end behind the goal, just like proper old footy grounds use to have. having the away fans tucked into a corner is rubbish, personally i like seeing the away end down there behind the goal full and noisy, makes for a good old atmosphere.

westy

Jul 25, 2003

Pretty sure we wont be adding tiers on the North/South. It would involve taking the roof off the each end and all 4 roofs are effectively tied together. Take one down and the rest are stuffed. Its corners and east upper, thats our lot. 30,500 and lets be honest, that aint bad!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Pretty sure we wont be adding tiers on the North/South. It would involve taking the roof off the each end and all 4 roofs are effectively tied together. Take one down and the rest are stuffed. Its corners and east upper, thats our lot. 30,500 and lets be honest, that aint bad!

the problem there is, there is only one roof.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Surprised that some people are mentioning moving the away end into the corner. One of the things i LOVE about the Amex is the proper home end away end set up. Our north standers behind one goal, away fans down the other end behind the goal, just like proper old footy grounds use to have. having the away fans tucked into a corner is rubbish, personally i like seeing the away end down there behind the goal full and noisy, makes for a good old atmosphere.

Ah tradition. The Goldstone is the template I like, put the away fans in the corner

kano

Jun 17, 2011

agree with this, infact i think it should be part of the rules for stadia that away fans get put behind the goal in an away end

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Do you not think it helps the away team?
How many goals (H and A) have been scored in each goal (N and S)?

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Do you not think it helps the away team?
How many goals (H and A) have been scored in each goal (N and S)?

It definitely helps the away team but it also helps the atmosphere and just generally makes the day more exciting for home and away fans...and probably the players too. If it was a proper rule, like the no 3pm kickoffs on telly kind of deal, then it would be a level playing field anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here