Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8,000 seats

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
There is a meeting this afternoon at Falmer to put together the lifting plan for the construction of the new east stand upper along with adding seating to the corners.Work is planned to commence in may 2012 and complete in August 2012, sorry if this is old news but looks like we will have 30,000 capacity for next season.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We may have 30,000 seats but without planning permission we won't be able to use them all.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am surprised that there are no 'official' pics of what the finished stadium looks like, if they are meeting then these plans and images must exist?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am surprised that there are no 'official' pics of what the finished stadium looks like, if they are meeting then these plans and images must exist?

I imagine all this will come out when the planning application is submitted.

As an aside I am pretty confident that the planning will be given. The council and Perry seem to be working quite closely together. But, it is down to the club to demonstrate they can deal with the transport. The current transport seems to work, the aim being to get the crowd away within an hour. I reckon they will pull it off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. I don't believe it's a formality in any way, but I do think we'll get it.

Agree. My money is on the seats being ready for 2013...but we will get them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed. I don't believe it's a formality in any way, but I do think we'll get it.

To be honest, I agree, and in my own experience of all the home games this season, I've had no reason to complain and I've taken numerous options to get away from the stadium. I know that's not everyone's story, but I feel there is a silent majority that actually have a better travel experience than they probably anticipated.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This should do for now
East_Mock_up.jpg

This is the handy work of [MENTION=639]westy[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To think, a vist here used to be one of the fixtures to look out for:

800px-Brisbane_Road.jpg

Seems like lightyears ago now. No wonder that twat ILIKECANDLES is nowhere to be seen these days. His tin pot outfit are a total irrelevence to us these days, happily.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Would be naive to assume that planning permission is a given at this early stage.

However the info from the OP suggests it might be a site meeting re the technical stuff necessary to accomodate the building works. Makes sense to have agreed the details and have a project plan ready to go - especially if it is still hoped to complete the works in the close season. The timescale is already fairly tight and could be squeezed further if the outcome of the planning process is delayed by the transport survey.

At least the Club and its contrators have recent experience of getting the stadium completed to a deadline!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here