Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £722

Well?

• One ticket for England v Netherlands (nothing else)

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Newcastle away -Total weekend for 3 persons (of your choice)

Votes: 74 78.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I asked my Mrs what she’d pay (and she’s England mad) she said £150 🤣🤣🤣
However this is the one that a) spent about £100 on a ticket in the Athens end and b) has spent an eye watering amount on her and the boy going to the Belgian GP while I dog sit and try and pick up a (below face value) spare for The Charlatans on Brighton Beach
I can help on face value tickets for the Charlatans - got 2 to shift. We’ve got 4 and only 2 of us can go now. DM me!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Spent £800 for ticket to England Italy final last time round. Just so I could be there when we finally lost…..
I managed to get (still expensive) face value tickets in the ballot. However, when Pickford saved the penalty, my mate jumped on me and my ankle went over the edge of the step. Broken ankle and two ruptured ligaments that required an operation and 12 months of rehab. I’ve had better evenings…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In principle I wouldn’t have an issue paying 700 notes for something I really wanted to see or do….but certainly not an England game. I certainly wouldn’t want to buy it via an unofficial channel like Viagogo incase it got cancelled….sounds stressful.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
£722 for an England game especially abroad with associated extra costs is way outside my pocket. Funnily enough many on here faced the potential of spending a lot of money had we got to Dublin. Whilst it would have been hard I think many would have found the money me included.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
In principle I wouldn’t have an issue paying 700 notes for something I really wanted to see or do….but certainly not an England game. I certainly wouldn’t want to buy it via an unofficial channel like Viagogo incase it got cancelled….sounds stressful.
This is the thing, if I paid £700 that would be on the condition it was 100% watertight

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
£722 for an England game especially abroad with associated extra costs is way outside my pocket. Funnily enough many on here faced the potential of spending a lot of money had we got to Dublin. Whilst it would have been hard I think many would have found the money me included.
I was gonna mention this. Yes it’s old coals and irrelevant but looking back I didn’t panic as I said the 13,000 allocation would have satisfied every ST holder that wanted one (I was prepared to die on that hill)
If the situation had been different I.e West Ham’s 9000 and I did miss out, then yes, the black market comes into play.
I would have dug deep, (I’m a working man but I’m not exactly skint) Yes, I would have gone into the hundreds but somewhere I would have drawn the line. £700 would almost certainly (99%) been too much.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I was gonna mention this. Yes it’s old coals and irrelevant but looking back I didn’t panic as I said the 13,000 allocation would have satisfied every ST holder that wanted one (I was prepared to die on that hill)
If the situation had been different I.e West Ham’s 9000 and I did miss out, then yes, the black market comes into play.
I would have dug deep, (I’m a working man but I’m not exactly skint) Yes, I would have gone into the hundreds but somewhere I would have drawn the line. £700 would almost certainly (99%) been too much.
As you say not old coals but who knows ....

I had the points so would have got a ticket but unlike some I didn't get accommodation sorted early - rooms in the centre went through the roof and travel costs shot up so its not just the ticket.

I am retired so it would have been a massive ask.

Clearly a massive variation in the wealth of NSCers...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think the pricing of tickets has put a lot of people off even in the travel club. The round of 16 game didn't sell out but I think a lot of people that went to the opening game were put off by it being back in Gelsenkirchen. I certainly was. That meant they got rid an sale window for the quarters so effectively when it went past the people guaranteed a ticket it was general sale to anyone with a membership.

Even tomorrows game wasn't a bun fight to get tickets. I got an email at 21:53 saying they had 30 tickets left and they were going off sale at 10pm so anyone in the travel club who wanted a ticket could have got one.......as long as they had the dough to cough up from them. The top price tickets for tomorrows game are €600 (not sure where £722 came from....resale site maybe?) which was double what it was for the Swiss game. That said as someone pointed out to me yesterday most (~80%) of our tickets were under €200 which I guess for a semi isn't obscene in my opinion. A friend of mine who was in the bottom sale window managed to get a Cat 3 for €195.

It's not just the ticket prices that are high. Germany is comparable to the UK I would say cost wise for everything else. Getting to games is expensive the airlines and Eurostar have done very nicely out of. Try and get a flight from the UK to Berlin on Saturday coming back Monday and you won't get a lot of change out a grand. Hotels have also had it right off. I paid €240 to stay in a premier inn on Saturday. Eating and drinking is again comparable to UK prices but that soon adds up if you are drinking all day and onto the evening.

I've done 3 games this time round and been going in and out for a couple of nights (accidentally 3 nights when Eurostar cancelled our train so we had an unexpected night in Brussels) I haven't worked out exactly what it's cost as I don't really want to know but I've got a rough idea. Not going tomorrow as I've been to Dortmund before and it's a bit of a craphole of a place so I'll make do with the pub and save my money for the final if we get there.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Neither but if I’d known how good the British GP was going to be it’d have been money well spent for me. I imagine I’d have got some hospitality at that price in a Grandstand seat too.

£700 to watch England, not for me.
It's funny how opinions differ...

I was at Silverstone to watch what was apparently a very exciting race in about 2008 when Hamilton won in the wet. I was treated to free hospitality, so whilst an enjoyable day in some regards, I found the main reason to be there mind-numbingly dull. Cars flashing past on the same bit of track over and over and over and over and over and over..... Not for me, Clive. You'd have to pay me a pretty substantial amount of money to get me to waste another day of my life going to a Grand Prix.

Vivre la différence!

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
It's funny how opinions differ...

I was at Silverstone to watch what was apparently a very exciting race in about 2008 when Hamilton won in the wet. I was treated to free hospitality, so whilst an enjoyable day in some regards, I found the main reason to be there mind-numbingly dull. Cars flashing past on the same bit of track over and over and over and over and over and over..... Not for me, Clive. You'd have to pay me a pretty substantial amount of money to get me to waste another day of my life going to a Grand Prix.

Vivre la différence!
So true, depends what floats your boat! I had corporate hospitality for a Surrey vs Kent 20/20 at the Oval a few years ago. I spent 20 mins watching the cricket, started to nod off and the rest of the time in the box eating, talking to other non cricket fans invited and getting pissed. The cricket lovers were in 7th heaven watching what was apparently an exciting close game.

I would have paid serious money to be at the Grand Prix I think you were at, the one that the GOAT won by over a minute? Lewis fanboy here.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
So true, depends what floats your boat! I had corporate hospitality for a Surrey vs Kent 20/20 at the Oval a few years ago. I spent 20 mins watching the cricket, started to nod off and the rest of the time in the box eating, talking to other non cricket fans invited and getting pissed. The cricket lovers were in 7th heaven watching what was apparently an exciting close game.
Cricket? Now you're talking! :lolol:

I spent a day at the Oval in 2009 watching Stuart Broad dismantle the Aussies in the Ashes. What a day that was - proper Cricket rather than the t20 of course.
I would have paid serious money to be at the Grand Prix I think you were at, the one that the GOAT won by over a minute? Lewis fanboy here.
It probably was that one, though I can't say I committed the race details to memory. I'm pretty certain (90%) it was 2008 if that helps. He wasn't on pole, but won and it was definitely raining. The proper F1 fans in our group were waxing lyrical about it, so I apologise for taking up a place that you'd have put to better use :)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Cricket? Now you're talking! :lolol:

I spent a day at the Oval in 2009 watching Stuart Broad dismantle the Aussies in the Ashes. What a day that was - proper Cricket rather than the t20 of course.

It probably was that one, though I can't say I committed the race details to memory. I'm pretty certain (90%) it was 2008 if that helps. He wasn't on pole, but won and it was definitely raining. The proper F1 fans in our group were waxing lyrical about it, so I apologise for taking up a place that you'd have put to better use :)
We could have done a swap and both been delirious :lolol:

Proper cricket? To me Test cricket is even worse than 20/20

Heathen I know, but I have played cricket so it’s not ignorance of the game laws as is the case with so many rugby union haters btw

Did you know some people don’t “get “ football either? Now that is incredibly sad and I don’t trust anyone like that :wink:

Last edited:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I’ve paid €80 for my ticket. To be fair to UEFA (don’t hear that very often) the tickets made available to the most regular England away supporters, via the “Fans First” category, have been very reasonably priced. I paid €30 for each of the group games, €50, €60 and now €80 for the knock our rounds. Great seats, too, lower tier directly behind the goal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
€600 Cat1s on UEFA site now. Sure the odd ticket in other categories will appear.

I’ve been fortunate to have had ‘fans first’ for all games. Annoyingly couldn’t make tomorrow work but flights booked for Friday evening just in case 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here