Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £722

Well?

• One ticket for England v Netherlands (nothing else)

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Newcastle away -Total weekend for 3 persons (of your choice)

Votes: 74 78.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I do draw a line at costs for all events including gigs. Wouldn't pay more than perhaps £70 for a match today or a bit more if it was a final for example.

I always said after paying £100 for a Rolling Stones gig a few years ago that I'd reign it in a bit but last year ended up paying £225 to see Madonna (before she croaks). So yes I am a hypocrite. If I really want to see something I will usually find the money, even if it means selling the grand kids!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It cost me about £500 to go to the World Cup semi-final in Moscow. Seat on the halfway line (great view but a bit neutral - friends who had cheaper tickets behind the goal enjoyed the atmosphere more). I was already there so easy to justify as the travel alone would have been more than that once England were through. Saw it as a probably once in a lifetime opportunity and it seemed like money well spent for a few minutes at the start!

Don't think I'd pay £700 to watch this current team. Knock both 0's off and it might look like decent value.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I wouldn’t pay the £3.00 to go with the school to watch England play Cyprus at Wembley in about 75.
Never seen them play live and don’t really want to.
Hope they win it of course
I went to that.game! The only home game I have seen.
Seen them twice here in Malta.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I wouldn’t pay the £3.00 to go with the school to watch England play Cyprus at Wembley in about 75.
Never seen them play live and don’t really want to.
Hope they win it of course

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
of course it's too much, but people pay so it's not.

question is where exactly is the money needed for: there's no stadiums to build, player to pay a tiny fraction of regular club pay (and paid by the country FA). along with the sponsorships, UEFA makes a metric shed load of cash without much detail on where it goes.
It used to go down the back of Blatter's sofa.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
If it was Scotland I would, i went in to the ballot for the Germany game at 500euros (x2)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I would choose an England semi final over Newcastle every day of the week. We play Newcastle every season and if you're excited about a curry in castle then sorry but you are a bit sad.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Neither but if I’d known how good the British GP was going to be it’d have been money well spent for me. I imagine I’d have got some hospitality at that price in a Grandstand seat too.

£700 to watch England, not for me.
I asked my Mrs what she’d pay (and she’s England mad) she said £150 🤣🤣🤣
However this is the one that a) spent about £100 on a ticket in the Athens end and b) has spent an eye watering amount on her and the boy going to the Belgian GP while I dog sit and try and pick up a (below face value) spare for The Charlatans on Brighton Beach

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Spent £800 for ticket to England Italy final last time round. Just so I could be there when we finally lost…..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Tempted?

ticket.png

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Thats more than I spent for a 5 day weekend away in France on a scooter rally, ferry, digs, and fuel for me and my scooter. And a load of cheese & wine on the way home. With the added bonus of it being enjoyable.

choices. . .

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
….if you're excited about a curry in castle then sorry but you are a bit sad.
Disappointed this has come to personal insults regarding someone’s budget/lifestyle choice.

If it was you I quoted from the other thread, I was actually refreshed to read the other side of the story that these prices are not only paid but are perceived as the “norm”

I merely, on the basis of that started a good natured discussion on the perception of value
and how the price of an individual match ticket would compare with, let’s say for arguments sake, a family weekend in a lively northern city watching The Albion. That was all.

Anyway enjoy the match.

PS If you think I’m excited about a curry in Newcastle, it's Basingstoke Saturday. I might spoil myself and go in Wetherspoons. The excitement meter is already up to 9

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Attachments

• IMG_1292.jpeg
    IMG_1292.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 30

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So I am currently thinking of more boring things to do having spent £722 to do it and the only thing I could come up with was maybe an hour or two with my tax accountant.

It's a no from me Clive.

Plus my tax advisor saves me more [legitimately] in tax than the time spent being bored listening to the advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here