Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £722

Well?

• One ticket for England v Netherlands (nothing else)

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Newcastle away -Total weekend for 3 persons (of your choice)

Votes: 74 78.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
On a previous thread someone said the £722 price for a ticket for the England match “wasn’t too bad” and implied they’d pay it.

Where do you stand? It’s not so much a question of the magnitude of the two matches more a perception of value.

Option 1 is ticket only. Nothing else.

Option 2 is, hopefully the same price (or less)
Three of us, me, wife, boy* Newcastle away. Travel, Petrol. Tickets, Curry, Beer, Two nights in a hotel.

*feel free to substitute your own friends/family for the purpose of this exercise.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I guess it depends on your personal circumstances. I know a couple of people, who if they wanted, could and would pay whatever for something like this if they wanted to go, to them it would be of no consequence. For me not a chance, only Led Zeppelin would have me dig that deep.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
of course it's too much, but people pay so it's not.

question is where exactly is the money needed for: there's no stadiums to build, player to pay a tiny fraction of regular club pay (and paid by the country FA). along with the sponsorships, UEFA makes a metric shed load of cash without much detail on where it goes.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Neither but if I’d known how good the British GP was going to be it’d have been money well spent for me. I imagine I’d have got some hospitality at that price in a Grandstand seat too.

£700 to watch England, not for me.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Given the choice between Southgate football or having to go to Newcastle with family, I'll need a lot more than £722 compensation.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Neither but if I’d known how good the British GP was going to be it’d have been money well spent for me. I imagine I’d have got some hospitality at that price in a Grandstand seat too.

£700 to watch England, not for me.
I wouldn’t pay the £3.00 to go with the school to watch England play Cyprus at Wembley in about 75.
Never seen them play live and don’t really want to.
Hope they win it of course

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The next game is only one so far that excites me, maybe they will finally turn up

Tickets currently £500, France v Spain only £150

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Option 2 is, hopefully the same price (or less)
Three of us, me, wife, boy* Newcastle away. Travel, Petrol. Tickets, Curry, Beer, Two nights in a hotel.

*feel free to substitute your own friends/family for the purpose of this exercise.
I'll go for Option 2, just so long as your wife is okay with it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I guess it depends on your personal circumstances. I know a couple of people, who if they wanted, could and would pay whatever for something like this if they wanted to go, to them it would be of no consequence. For me not a chance, only Led Zeppelin would have me dig that deep.
Or, maybe, a pre 1960 home shirt?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I could see myself not doing that

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Does the money for the England game guarantee you won't be near the band or the old bell end in an World War 2 military hat?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
£700 for a ticket rules me out. With cost of getting there and cost of being there !!
Would I pay £700 if the Euro Cup Final was played at the Amex with England in it. Would be tempted but still would prob not, Rather spend £40 in a Pub with big screen or even sat at home with friends. £700 is more than my season ticket at the Amex and could be spent better elsewhere..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here