Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
...no, probably the first option. How can they lower prices too far when all the season ticket holders have already paid?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
But you can't expect our loyal fans to turn up at Withdean as there is no atmosphere, the STHs are boring old farts, away trips are more of a laugh, it was better last season when we were boring but losing to better teams and the girlfriend wants to go shopping anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
mona said:
But you can't expect our loyal fans to turn up at Withdean as there is no atmosphere...
Yes, you can, otherwise you can't call them loyal fans. Besides which, the whole point of more fans coming along is to create or enhance that atmosphere. So by not coming because 'there's no atmosphere' is a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

mona said:
the STHs are boring old farts...
Eejit.

mona said:
...it was better last season when we were boring but losing to better teams...
Really? I thought it was the glory-hunters - sorry, moaners - on here who though last seasonwas utter cack and wouldn't come.

mona said:
...and the girlfriend wants to go shopping anyway.
Change your girlfriend. Since when did anyone's girlfriend wanting to go shopping ever prove reason enough to miss the Albion? Or do you have an excessively large thumb-print on your head? Dreadfully pathetic excuse.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
The Large One said:
Yes, you can, otherwise you can't call them loyal fans. Besides which, the whole point of more fans coming along is to create or enhance that atmosphere. So by not coming because 'there's no atmosphere' is a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

Eejit.

Really? I thought it was the glory-hunters - sorry, moaners - on here who though last seasonwas utter cack and wouldn't come.

Change your girlfriend. Since when did anyone's girlfriend wanting to go shopping ever prove reason enough to miss the Albion? Or do you have an excessively large thumb-print on your head? Dreadfully pathetic excuse.
It must be a Monday morning. I was attempting irony.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
would attendance be better if it was in the day? kids stand was not full and lots of people prob thought weather is gonna be crap cant be bothered or maybe cos x factor was on? i go rain shine whatever :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
At the moment we are in danger of a self fulfilling prophecy. The club can only do so much to fill the stands without offending the season ticket holders.

Shouts that we do not need a stadium as we can't fill Withdean look to be rather accurate at this rate.

Will the prices come down, if/when we get Falmer? I very much doubt it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Large One said:

Eejit.

:lolol: I don't think his post was meant to be serious!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
...if they were so loyal then they'd turn up in all weathers as the fans know full well the club needs the money.

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
i know they should turn up in all weathers as i said i would if it was a force 10 gale was among us i would still go, i cant understand why people wont go it upsets me for instance out of my mates who go me and one other went one was going shopping with his bird one was going out for a friends 30th and one said to cold they annoy me sometimes cos it will be much colder at wham but they will go i want to clone myself and all of me can go:drink:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Large One said:
Oh bugger. :down:

It's early Monday morning, so we'll let you off.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
Tickets are too expensive but the price reductions for the two FA Cup games didn't result in bigger crowds.
It is important that we get a big crowd on Boxing Day. Of course the excuse for this one will be, " would have made it if the kick off was 1.00 but I always drink bottles of sherry with my gran in the afternoon."

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Palace got their lowest league crowd of the season Saturday, just under 17,000 but there are many factors, obviously the ticket prices are way too high, time of year and the shit being served up on the pitch doesn't help!!!

:rolleyes: :D

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
no excuses go to the game!!!! support the boys they are playing well at the mo so get behind the team im going to cardiff on boxing day to go to my gfriend parents for a couple of days ive said we go after the game shes not happy but im not gonna budge:drink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, Dick Knight is supposed to be a Marketing Genius, so why can't he figure it out !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here