Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

48 hours ago Cook was set to sign for Bournmouth for 150k

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cook took his shirt off and chucked into the crowd as he went down the tunnel and also sounded very cagey in the post match interview. I'd say it's a done deal and he's offski..unfortunately but he's not gonna get much 1st team football when all our CBs are fit so can't blame him for wanting 1st team football at a division lower.

I think the same and I can't blame him. He's had a great time at Bournemouth.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't get why we don't just agree a loan to the end of the season and take it from there. Surely we need him for the next few games anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Other than next Saturday's cup game Cook will be lucky to play again this season in reality he won't get much bench time either. Ninja Elephant is right. He did well by us today but he deserves his chance at regular first team football. Let him go and wish him well ..............................

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Calm down boys, you've seen nothing. His contract is up at the end of the season, £150,000 for your 4th choice centre back isn't a bad deal and when we've got Calderon back, Cook won't even be in the side at right back. When the injury problems have cleared up, he'll be back on the sidelines and that's not fair on the young chap, he's good enough to be playing but he's not good enough to be playing for us at the moment. In a way I hope he goes to Bournemouth, they're very good at nurturing young talent and he'll get to play every game. Here he'll go back to being on the sidelines watching and that's not fair on him.
Disagree with this. He is a good player and looked very comfortable from where I was sitting/standing. Yes, he needs games, for us!

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Although he played well today and has looked good when he has played, when everyone is back from injury/suspension he isn't going to be a regular and with his contract up at the end of the season, the club might as well get some money for him rather than loose him on a free.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looked at another way, by the time our next league game comes round I think his departure means we can guarantee we will have additional defensive cover whether it's a loan or a permanent signing.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
kazenga25 kazenga
[MENTION=6481]steve[/MENTION] Cook28 Good luck mate....hope u keep doing well dwn there , we will see uu bro.....all the best mate....stay bless

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Why does everyone say we will lose him for free when his age dictates we will be compensated with a fee. Would rather keep him and loan him out, or as others say at least demand a sell on clause as his a hugely promising player.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Thought he was fantastic today. It was visible that he hadn't played with the first team for some time in the opening stages, but by the second half he looked very comfortable and was threatening going forward. Would love to have made it a season-long loan instead as someone suggested as he's great cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here