Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

48 hours ago Cook was set to sign for Bournmouth for 150k

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The transfer window doesn't close for ages , Bournemouth will need to come up with a higher offer.

Dec 29, 2011
I'd start him over Calderon. Even if he's not better yet, he will be far superior in the future. If he wants to go SO BAD we should let him, but I don't see why he'd want to swap championship football for League 1 - have some ambition lad!!

D

Deleted member 18477

f*** selling cook! El abd, Greer, dunk, cook, hall! 5 talented defenders right there! I'd like to see tarrico back on the bench with gus and oatway and some other experienced left back to come in!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
f*** selling cook! El abd, Greer, dunk, cook, hall! 5 talented CENTRE BACKS right there! I'd like to see tarrico back on the bench with gus and oatway and some other experienced left back to come in!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cook took his shirt off and chucked into the crowd as he went down the tunnel and also sounded very cagey in the post match interview. I'd say it's a done deal and he's offski..unfortunately but he's not gonna get much 1st team football when all our CBs are fit so can't blame him for wanting 1st team football at a division lower.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I think a lot of people are getting carried away. For me you could see he wasn't up to Championship level today. He did a good job, but League 1 is his level

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ninja Elephant sums the situation up perfectly as far as I'm concerned. No need to really add too much to it. Except to say, give the young lad a break and wish him well I say - that's a completely different thing to saying he's not good enough and should go.

Well played again today Cookie! :clap2: Another fantastic Albion memory to take away with you. Best wishes.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Let the boy go and have a job !.....he is not even the reserve of the reserve.....and good luck to him ......

Not if he stays here he won't be, he'll be on a free in the summer. I suspect we'll be signing players this month and I suspect if he does stay, he won't play. I don't want to see him leave especially, he does look a prospect and looked handy today, but take off the rose tinted spectacles and £150k isn't a bad deal.

A good deal, for a youth player we have nurtured, trained and paid on our books for years?
And he proves capable at Championship level?

I remember his debut as a sub for us, it was 2 seasons ago and he did well enough then. We should not be looking to buy another player for that position and paying ten times what we'd get for Cook, when we could negotiate a contract with him and keep the lad (and play him in the first team a whole lot more!).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He needs to play football so you can't blame him for wanting to go and 12 months ago we'd have been staggered to get £150k for our fifth or sixth choice CB. He's a little diamond and today was a great opportunity to give him a great Albion memory. Good luck.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A good deal, for a youth player we have nurtured, trained and paid on our books for years?
And he proves capable at Championship level?

I remember his debut as a sub for us, it was 2 seasons ago and he did well enough then. We should not be looking to buy another player for that position and paying ten times what we'd get for Cook, when we could negotiate a contract with him and keep the lad (and play him in the first team a whole lot more!).

In the pecking order where would you put Cook? Would you sign a new contract at a club that has barely played you? Or take a transfer into a team you are settled in, playing week in week out? Take £150k + sell on for Cook now rather than lose him for free.

Great player but we are fortunate in that position, and if the player wants to go, then who are we to hold him back.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
chuck a 30% sell on in there and i will be happy, keep him until the end of the window though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hope we change our mind for sure...

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If Lewis Dunk is to be sold, we MUST keep Cook at all costs.

i would imagine that dunk wont be sold so cook can go. Thought he did well today, but he wont get a shout with everyone fit - we may not want to sell him but he may want to go - to get first team football.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't care about a sell on, we should have a first option on buying him back.

Don't we need hhim next week anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here