Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

48 hours ago Cook was set to sign for Bournmouth for 150k

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Never understood why we were shipping him out, hopefully we'll change our mind now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Calm down boys, you've seen nothing. His contract is up at the end of the season, £150,000 for your 4th choice centre back isn't a bad deal and when we've got Calderon back, Cook won't even be in the side at right back. When the injury problems have cleared up, he'll be back on the sidelines and that's not fair on the young chap, he's good enough to be playing but he's not good enough to be playing for us at the moment. In a way I hope he goes to Bournemouth, they're very good at nurturing young talent and he'll get to play every game. Here he'll go back to being on the sidelines watching and that's not fair on him.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Calm down boys, you've seen nothing. His contract is up at the end of the season, £150,000 for your 4th choice centre back isn't a bad deal and when we've got Calderon back, Cook won't even be in the side at right back. When the injury problems have cleared up, he'll be back on the sidelines and that's not fair on the young chap, he's good enough to be playing but he's not good enough to be playing for us at the moment. In a way I hope he goes to Bournemouth, they're very good at nurturing young talent and he'll get to play every game. Here he'll go back to being on the sidelines watching and that's not fair on him.

Course its a bad deal, the bloke will be worth a fortune in a year. Absolute class act.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Tbh is rather see him given a chance at rb ahead of Calderon. Calde has been poor by his standards this season and he's gone as far as he can with the club.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't like the tone of your well though out remarks [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] . Whilst I tend to agree with what you say I still want him to stay!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

Well we could possibly loan him for the rest of the season and offer him a new contract?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Course its a bad deal, the bloke will be worth a fortune in a year. Absolute class act.

Not if he stays here he won't be, he'll be on a free in the summer. I suspect we'll be signing players this month and I suspect if he does stay, he won't play. I don't want to see him leave especially, he does look a prospect and looked handy today, but take off the rose tinted spectacles and £150k isn't a bad deal.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Send him back out on loan then, ridiculous letting him go permanently

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well we could possibly loan him for the rest of the season and offer him a new contract?

Why would he sign it though? He's not going to play for us. I have nothing against the man, not at all and I don't want to drive him out of the club, but it makes sense for his career to move to Bournemouth and start playing. It's amazing how we're now the club you need to leave to get games, rather than the club you go to for them. We've had year after year of feeding off the players other clubs don't play, and now the shoe is on the other foot, we have good players we just don't need.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Exactly this!

Cook did ok today but I think there are some serious 3-0 hyped up supporters thinking he is better than he really is here. I completely agree with Ninja here.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Why would he sign it though? He's not going to play for us. I have nothing against the man, not at all and I don't want to drive him out of the club, but it makes sense for his career to move to Bournemouth and start playing. It's amazing how we're now the club you need to leave to get games, rather than the club you go to for them. We've had year after year of feeding off the players other clubs don't play, and now the shoe is on the other foot, we have good players we just don't need.

Depends what else happens at BHA I guess. Suppose Dunk goes, or Elphick never makes it back into contention (both not true I hope). Cook's only 20 he can afford to be a little more patient if there's a chance of breaking into a Championship side.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Exactly this!

Cook did ok today but I think there are some serious 3-0 hyped up supporters thinking he is better than he really is here. I completely agree with Ninja here.

:thumbsup:
I'm not knocking Cook, not at all. He's clearly ready to play at a good standard, and if I were him I'd move on. As Michel Kuipers said when he left Bristol Rovers to join us, "sometimes you have to take a step back, to take two steps forward". To become the best player he can be, he needs to be playing games and we can't guarantee him that, he'd be a better player for leaving and playing every week for a good team. He'll be back in the Championship within a couple of years anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NE, Is this the most coherent you've ever written?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here