Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

442 fan of the year

Arthur said:
I saw Lord and Lady B going into Waitrose in Lewes on Saturday at about 4pm!!

How can he be fan of the year if he can't even be bothered to listen to the game on the radio!!
A Saturday afternoon trip to Waitrose is an extremely rare occurrence. This one was excusable on several grounds.

1. We were on our way home from some vital work on behalf of the Seagulls Party, having received an invitation to meet the bigwigs of Lewes Conservative Party at what was described as "a small social gathering" over Saturday lunchtime. The champagne flowed generously, the food was exquisite. And some interesting conversations were had.

2. The previous time we shopped in Waitrose on a Saturday afternoon, we had the pleasure of pursuing Ann de Vecchi and her partner, Thumper Freeman, around the aisles. For some reason, they looked uncomfortable. The prospect of a repeat show was too much of a temptation to miss. Sadly, they failed to show up this time.

3. It was 3pm, not 4. We were back home in time to catch Dean Hammond's equaliser.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Guinness Boy said:
There is no competition. Without him I never would have invented Tax Man Bingo, never would have thought of warm cider drinking as an Olymic sport, would have forgotten that Tiffany made records. Still the only person I have ever seen order chicken and chips at the Elizabethan Tandoori.

A legend in his own and everyone else's lunch time. In fact possibly the holder of the record for the world's longest lunch hour. Vote Cardinal. Accept no substitutes.

Indeed, vote Taxman.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Uncle Buck said:
Also the great man is an author;

1. Paraletic: On the Front Lines of Medicine (Mass Market Paperback)
by Peter Canning (Author)

2. Rescue 471: A Paraletic's Stories (Paperback)
by Peter Canning (Author)

Hmmm.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
sat next to him on the bus home after the Cheltenham game the other Saturday night.

Was getting tipsy just breathing his fumes. And those dulcet singing tones.

Marvellous scenes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I sat opposite in the retro Albion trackie top. He really looked the legend I always expected him to be in the flesh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here