Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

442 fan of the year

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Uncle Buck said:
I do not see how this can fail.

Should Pete's acceptance speach be about the Polish incident, the Carlisle incident, the chip pan incident, the Brussels incident.........

It doesn't matter. No-one will be sober enough to comprehend what he's saying.

All together now "He's alcohol crazy......":drink:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
mona said:
That is why I would vote for Uncle Buck (leader of the GDC) rather than the Cardinal.

When you go to outposts of civilisation (Doncaster, Warsaw, Newcastle, for example) and they wheedle it out of you who you support (if the face paint and all striped romper suit dont give it away) do they say 'Do you know Uncle Buck/Liz Costa/Sarah Watts/Ed Bassford?'

Do they flip?!

Its 'do you know pete canning? What about the time he fell asleep on Apollo 13 on his way back from Exeter and came round on Neptune 4 days later with a kebab down his pants?'

The man has done more to keep the name of the club alive in AA meetings up and down the country than anyone.

Once again: Vote Taxman! :thumbsup:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tubby Mondays said:
When you go to outposts of civilisation (Doncaster, Warsaw, Newcastle, for example) and they wheedle it out of you who you support (if the face paint and all striped romper suit dont give it away) do they say 'Do you know Uncle Buck/Liz Costa/Sarah Watts/Ed Bassford?'

Do they flip?!

Its 'do you know pete canning? What about the time he fell asleep on Apollo 13 on his way back from Exeter and came round on Neptune 4 days later with a kebab down his pants?'

The man has done more to keep the name of the club alive in AA meetings up and down the country than anyone.

That is a well put case and I will be voting for the Cardinal.

One point, it was Discovery and not Apollo 13 he fell asleep on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tubby Mondays said:

Do they flip?!

There is no competition. Without him I never would have invented Tax Man Bingo, never would have thought of warm cider drinking as an Olymic sport, would have forgotten that Tiffany made records. Still the only person I have ever seen order chicken and chips at the Elizabethan Tandoori.

A legend in his own and everyone else's lunch time. In fact possibly the holder of the record for the world's longest lunch hour. Vote Cardinal. Accept no substitutes.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I thought The Mullet was the leader of the GDC.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
fatboy said:

I thought that there was going to be an election which, if tied, would be decided by a drink off to consist of 3 rounds - 1 of Real Ale, 1 of Magners and a decider of anything you can get in Bargain Booze for 2 pounds fifty and an old train ticket to Wombwell.

The Cardinal is the Spiritual leader, much like his beloved Pope....

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
fatboy said:
Thinking about it he is another possible candidate as he has been following the Albion all over the place for such a long time. Technically McMullet is the leader of the Worthing mob.

I'm beginning to think the Cardinal is indeed the best choice.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Only one contender, FT no comment:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here