Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

428 Albion at Leicester

I believe that the club should be contacting Leicester City to claim compensation for those who were travelling and couldn't make the game. I am saying this because at the Hawthorns, they delayed the kick-off until 20.20 (a 35 minute delay), why couldn't Leicester do that as well to allow some fans who were stuck on the motorway more of a chance to arrive at the game.

Don't be so simple! If clubs were obliged to pay compensation, they would also have to compensate
1. all Albion fans booked on the 22.00 train (taxis for all)
2. all of the home supporters who missed their last bus/trains to wherever they lived in Leicestershire and beyond.

Not a great turnout is it? We should all be ashamed.

Obviously lots of reasons why it was difficult, or pointless, to get to, but it's not a glowing advert for our away support.

I can't moan - don't blame the traffic if you are the traffic!

There will be people who never made it logging on in the next few hours. When they read this, you're going to get slaughtered.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It read pretty much that you WERE

No no. I've re-read my original post - it does sound more serious in tone than was intended, however it was more to provoke a discussion which at least it has done. I still think it's a little dissapointing though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No no. I've re-read my original post - it does sound more serious in tone than was intended, however it was more to provoke a discussion which at least it has done. I still think it's a little dissapointing though.

Nice backtracking... :jester:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Are you taking the piss?

428, a shut motorway, £23 to get in, Albion are shit, second away game in 3 days, a TUESDAY NIGHT IN LEICESTER?

f***ing SUPERB turnout i'd say. :clap:
:thumbsup:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Don't be so simple! If clubs were obliged to pay compensation, they would also have to compensate
1. all Albion fans booked on the 22.00 train (taxis for all)
2. all of the home supporters who missed their last bus/trains to wherever they lived in Leicestershire and beyond.

Yes I realised that afterwards, I just feel rather sorry for those who would have been stuck on the motorway.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Plus me in the home end!
My nephew and his Dad got stuck on the M1 and decided to go to MKFranchise v Orient so its their fault we are in the bottom 4.
From the other end of the ground the turnout was about what I expected but the vocal support waw not up to the usual away standard.
PG

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Plus me in the home end!
My nephew and his Dad got stuck on the M1 and decided to go to MKFranchise v Orient so its their fault we are in the bottom 3.
From the other end of the ground the turnout was about what I expected but the vocal support waw not up to the usual away standard.
PG

Aren't Leicester'd stewards notorious for stifling any atmosphere? Maybe that's a reason why.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Stewards were fine - didn't see any interaction with Albion fans at all. Those who wanted to stand, stood throughout without hindrance. It has to be said that the noisy group of Leicester fans to our immediate left were allowed to stand throughout also.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
At the game I thought it was a pretty good turnout considering our form, and its a tuesday night, and thats when i didnt know about the motorway being shut.
By the way which motorway was shut? Cause my dad got up to leicester fine from MK

Yeah I only just discovered this - it's a bloody good excuse I will admit!

Does this mean there'll be a load of Brighton fans coming back in a minute ranting about not getting to the game on time?

Really? The road problems have been well publicised tonight. In fact, your post no.214 on this thread Leicester v. Brighton SCR/SW listeners thread - Page 11 - North Stand Chat
appeared directly below a post mentioning them. That was posted at 21.46; are you saying you only just discovered it since starting this thread?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the leicester stewards were expecting about 100, and so shut the back of the stand. even when the stairs became full, and the crowd was backed back down onto the concourse with about 15 minutes until kick off did they realise that more seats MIGHT be needed - yet it took about 5 minutes to get the superior officer to give clearance for it

absolute f***ing cock up -apart from that, the stewards were fine, the support was good, and the hot dogs were hot

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Just got home. Got as far as Northampton before we realised we wouldn't see a minute of football. f***ing fuming. Waste of time and money. Absolute joke.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Really? The road problems have been well publicised tonight. In fact, your post no.214 on this thread Leicester v. Brighton SCR/SW listeners thread - Page 11 - North Stand Chat
appeared directly below a post mentioning them. That was posted at 21.46; are you saying you only just discovered it since starting this thread?

I might have read that post, but I certainly wouldn't interpret that alone as there having been major traffic problems. Why are you so interested?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here