Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

428 Albion at Leicester

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Fantastic support last night!

Leicester stewards said we only sold 62 tickets and had been told to expect upto 100 fans and one coach! They had only printed 300 tickets! :ascarf:

I just wonder how many were stuck between Jn15a & 16 and never even got to the match?

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
428 = good turnout although I think 428 people should have laid into the highways agency offices and trashed it for putting in road works lower down the M1. That after they had just opened the motorway at J 16 hence moving the traffic jams further south. 5 sets of road works ffs all with 2 lanes closed off because someone did a "risk assesment" that said 1 lane may be a bit dodgy so lets close 2 and ruin everyones evening.

5 hours there 3 and a bit back but a great game and a good crowd (us not them)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Garbage. It doesn't mean that in the slightest. It actually means "you are in a traffic jam therefore it's your own fault because you are part of the traffic"
I now realise from this post that Hiney and the Withdean Wanderer were correct; there was nothing remotely funny about your opening post, nor any smilies to so indicate. You are not the first person in the last 24hrs to backtrack on a crappy post by claiming it was humourous. Why don't you have the decency to admit what you meant was wrong, and make an apology; if not to the 428 who made it, then at least to those who didn't.

Alright then, genuinely I am sorry. There's no way I can persuade you but the comment "don't blame the traffic..." was not intended to to be a reference to the traffic problems, rather a use of a well-known phrase to point out that I have no right to complain about attendance if I'm not there. It was a stupid thread to start, and it was even more stupid once I'd realised that quite a few people had not even made it to the game. Honestly, it was a very poorly worded comment on the fact that the attendance was lower than a lot had predicted - if I'd checked the main reason why I wouldn't have been so hasty to make myself look stupid!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
A delayed kick off would have helped me! Missed the first 25 minutes but thanks to taking a de tour via Northampton and Market Harborough we didn't miss as much as some others!

The return on the M1 wasn't much better! They could have let some of the back log clear before breaking out the lane closures for traffic works!

Anyway enough moaning about the traffic. A great performance from the lads. When I heard the formation I feared the worst but we played it brilliantly and even created a few good chances ourselve.

Turn out wasn't bad for a mid week game seeing as how crap we are this season.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I am working in Bradford at the moment so went to last nights Leeds game to which Southend only brought about 30 fans with them. Kinda puts into perspective how good Albions support was last night!

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
Well said, Notts Seagull:clap:

A disgusting thread from someone I can only presume must be completely brainless. On a night where 428 people have travelled 350 miles to watch a struggling team, and many more have spent their entire afternoon/evening sitting on a motorway, I can't believe I'm reading this. All while the thread starter has sat by his pc slagging them off. Joke thread.

:rant:

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I was one of the 428. We left Brighton at 1pm, stopped in Walcote at just before 4pm for a few beers and food and then parked up near the ground at about 5.45. A few beers in a pub called the Quay and at £1.80 a pint a great find!

I know that the A21 minibus got stuck on the M1 and gave up when the traffic finally moves, so thats 11 that never made it!

It was strange seeing us in Leicesters away kit. Only other time I can remember this happening was when Reading had to wear our away kit at the Goldstone (cant remember which season it was)

Not a bad turn out considering the cost and our league position! Dont forget that the mighty Leicester only musted just over 800 at Withdean, not great considering they see themselves as a big Championship/Small Premiership sized club!

I had a quick look at last nights games and away support

Brighton at Leicester 428 (17,410)
Orient at MK Dons 559 (8,170)
Crewe at Peterborough 119 (5,782)
Carlisle at Hartlepool 585 (3,765)
Cheltenham at Bristol Rovers 404 (6,600)
Oldham at Scunthorpe 719 (4,447)

Others did not confirm away support

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why are you surprised they stopped selling tickets at half time, I would imagine that is standard practice at all non-all ticket matches. They would need the second half to secure and count the cash, formulate the attendance figures etc, still they should have let you in bearing in mind the problems you had.

I wasn't surprised they stopped selling tickets at half time, it was the insinuation that it was our own fault we didn't get there until after half time that annoyed me.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I was one of the 428. We left Brighton at 1pm, stopped in Walcote at just before 4pm for a few beers and food and then parked up near the ground at about 5.45. A few beers in a pub called the Quay and at £1.80 a pint a great find!

I know that the A21 minibus got stuck on the M1 and gave up when the traffic finally moves, so thats 11 that never made it!

It was strange seeing us in Leicesters away kit. Only other time I can remember this happening was when Reading had to wear our away kit at the Goldstone (cant remember which season it was)

Not a bad turn out considering the cost and our league position! Dont forget that the mighty Leicester only musted just over 800 at Withdean, not great considering they see themselves as a big Championship/Small Premiership sized club!

I had a quick look at last nights games and away support

Brighton at Leicester 428 (17,410)
Orient at MK Dons 559 (8,170)
Crewe at Peterborough 119 (5,782)
Carlisle at Hartlepool 585 (3,765)
Cheltenham at Bristol Rovers 404 (6,600)
Oldham at Scunthorpe 719 (4,447)

Others did not confirm away support

Thats prety poor for Cheltenham considering its only down the road and a local Deby game

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
But they do stock Westons, including (as Oaf and me found to our cost), Old Rosie. For that it is possible to ensure the shiteness

:thumbsup:

Every time me or one of my mates orders a Westons Organic early someone starts humming the Rocky theme song...

:laugh:

.. That stuff is lethal

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
432 is a great turn out, midweek in Leicester, we've been there 3 times in recent years, we're shit, we went to Cheltenham on saturday, its january, part of the M1 was shut was 4 hours... that didnt help!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Uh-uh, it was in the nineties at some point, and due to the clash of kits, WE ended up wearing our away kit, while Reading played in their normal attire. Bastards.

There was a game at Withdean a couple of seasons back where Derby turned up with two kits deemed to be a clash by the match officials. They were due to play in the Albion's away kit, but rushed their training kit (all black) down to the city centre, got it printed up with numbers on the back, and played in that instead.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Why is that a great find when you can get a pint at any Wetherspoons for 99p, plus meals @ £2.99?

Crewe's following for this match within the Midlands was pitiful (albeit opposite corners).

Because the pub was full of life and lots of young people rather than sitting in a miserable pub with the local down and outs who have been sitting in the same seat for 9 hours staring down a pint glass. Most Weatherspoons pubs are just so depressing.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
But they do stock Westons, including (as Oaf and me found to our cost), Old Rosie. For that it is possible to ensure the shiteness

:thumbsup:

f*** - i have NEVER seen old rosie in a wetherspoons, so have always settled for the WEAK westons perry. next time i am going to DEMAND old rosie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here