Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

428 Albion at Leicester

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Whats to be ashamed about? 428 is excellent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They said on SCR that the West Brom game kick off was delayed because of the supporters travelling from London. What time did the MI North re -open because they announced at about 9.20 that the M1 south had been re-opened. Once went to Anfield and got held up when the M6 was closed and arrived to see Brian Horton score a goal in the last 5 mins we lost 4 - 1.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I am trying to ascertain whether Hiney & WW are telling the truth or you are.

As long as you're finding a way to pass the time!

No one's not telling the truth though are they? I thought the number was lower than expected, some people pointed out that there'd been traffic problems and we're shite.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I was told by a steward that, because we'd only sold 62 tickets and Leicester were only expecting around that number of us to attend, that they wouldn't delay the kick off because it was so few people. This was also the reason they were trying to fit us all into a tiny block of seats to start with.

Although there may only have been 428 of us, we certainly outsung Leicester for most of the game even if we weren't quite as loud as we can be sometimes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a great turnout is it? We should all be ashamed.

Obviously lots of reasons why it was difficult, or pointless, to get to, but it's not a glowing advert for our away support.

I can't moan - don't blame the traffic if you are the traffic!

So where were you then?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
So where were you then?

The last part of my post was "don't blame the traffic if you are the traffic", whch was supposed to mean I haven't really got any right to complain if I wasn't there - a clue as to the seriousness of the comments.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I thaught (and most of the people that I spoke to, including a leicester fan) that our attendance was brilliant, I said before the game that Id be expecting about 500 and thats pretty much what we got, and would have had even more if the M1 was clear!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yep - 4 of the lads I know made the game with 11 minutes to go.
QUOTE]

We saw them come in near the end they got a cheer, fair play for coming at all, i wouldnt have bothered if i was that late

I was one of those 4. We had to pretty much argue with 2 stewards to let us in before the chief steward opened the gates. One of them actually said "well we stop selling tickets at half time!" :thud:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Just got back. Marvellous scenes. The originator of this thread is on a pathetic wind-up. The atmosphere was brilliant tonight, we were a triffic army. The performance was gutsy and deserved at least a point, even if I do fear we will undo all the good work against Fartlepool and Posh (but please God not Hereford). Much love to everyone who was there x

The last part of my post was "don't blame the traffic if you are the traffic", whch was supposed to mean I haven't really got any right to complain if I wasn't there - a clue as to the seriousness of the comments.

Garbage. It doesn't mean that in the slightest. It actually means "you are in a traffic jam therefore it's your own fault because you are part of the traffic"
I now realise from this post that Hiney and the Withdean Wanderer were correct; there was nothing remotely funny about your opening post, nor any smilies to so indicate. You are not the first person in the last 24hrs to backtrack on a crappy post by claiming it was humourous. Why don't you have the decency to admit what you meant was wrong, and make an apology; if not to the 428 who made it, then at least to those who didn't.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was one of those 4. We had to pretty much argue with 2 stewards to let us in before the chief steward opened the gates. One of them actually said "well we stop selling tickets at half time!" :thud:

Why are you surprised they stopped selling tickets at half time, I would imagine that is standard practice at all non-all ticket matches. They would need the second half to secure and count the cash, formulate the attendance figures etc, still they should have let you in bearing in mind the problems you had.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just found out what caused us to sit on the M1 for 3 and a half hours.......

M1 closed in both directions

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date: 27 January 2009
The M1 motorway has been re-opened in both directions in Northamptonshire following a crash between two vehicles, one of which was leaking LPG gas.
The crash happened between junctions 15a and 16 at about 4.45pm.

A police spokeswoman said: "The collision involved two vehicles, one of which contains LPG gas, which is leaking as a result of the collision.

"Because of this leak the fire service has recommended a 100 metre exclusion zone around the vehicle, resulting in the closure of both the north and southbound carriageways.

"The fire service is in attendance as are the Highways Agency and police. It is not known at this time how long the road will be closed for."

Diversions were put in place with southbound traffic being taken off the M1 at junction 16, along the A45 towards Northampton and then along Upton Way before re-joining the motorway at junction 15A.

Northbound traffic was being diverted in the opposite direction.

The Highways Agency advised motorists that normal driving conditions were restored by 10.30pm, once congestion had cleared.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think 428 on a Tuesday night in Leicester, against the top of the league (therefore expecting a defeat) after an away game on the Saturday, and supporting a team which hasn't won in 2009 is a bloody good turn out.

They sounded bloody good on the radio too. Well Done to you all!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
good turnout IMO, ashame about the people not able to make it/delayed. I know how you feel. Happend to myself and a number of others for the Athlone game in the summer.

As for the thread starter why did you not make the game and feel you can complain about attendance then??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here