Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4000 away supporters in Brighton

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
Have I missed it or has anybody mentioned somewhere the possibility of trouble, its been on my mind for some time, 4000 in Brighton on a summer Saturday pissed up the recipe is right for it, hope I am wrong.

Nah its a pre-season friendly, and most of the away supporters are from brighton and hove will probably be drinking in the pubs with there brighton mates before and after the game, I don't think there is a high risk of trouble!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have I missed it or has anybody mentioned somewhere the possibility of trouble, its been on my mind for some time, 4000 in Brighton on a summer Saturday pissed up the recipe is right for it, hope I am wrong.

Doubt there will be any trouble- out of those 4000 I guess half will be kids and most live within Brighton area.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Doubt there will be any trouble- out of those 4000 I guess half will be kids and most live within Brighton area.

Tickets were only avaiable to Chelsea fans with a certain level of points just like our tickets so only season ticket holders or regular travellers got tickets. I'm meeting a Chelsea fan from work who is one of these rare Chelsea fans who actually attends games!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tickets were only avaiable to Chelsea fans with a certain level of points just like our tickets so only season ticket holders or regular travellers got tickets. I'm meeting a Chelsea fan from work who is one of these rare Chelsea fans who actually attends games!

I assumed tickets went to anyone interested. Well- enjoy the match and hope we win.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't see how you think their "supporters" from brighton would've got tickets.

Home tickets, however, were on sale to anyone. Expect plenty of Chelsea amongst the Home support.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Home tickets, however, were on sale to anyone. Expect plenty of Chelsea amongst the Home support.

Anyone... With booking history

Seagull Stew

Port Vale or Crawley in the FA cup. Whichever was last. they were both given the entire east stand. Portsmouth had quite a few in the north stand for a cup game, which I think was the same season as the Crawley game.

Before that, Chelsea had the whole of the east stand for a game in the eighties.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We have to vocally drown the buggers out

Absolutely no chance of that. On average away fans are younger, oikier and been drinking more. And we have given them the best part of the ground to make noise.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I would be very surprised if the Chelsea fans made much noise, being that we heard very little from our own up there!

Having viewed last seasons games from various points of the ground, meaning moving around a lot around the ground during some games. More noise comes from the Upper west than any part including the north.
I assume you are in the north and being in the centre of noise from there you don't have a good perspective of the noise being generated from other parts.
The bit your in always appears louder because its right in you earholes!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Having viewed last seasons games from various points of the ground, meaning moving around a lot around the ground during some games. More noise comes from the Upper west than any part including the north.
I assume you are in the north and being in the centre of noise from there you don't have a good perspective of the noise being generated from other parts.
The bit your in always appears louder because its right in you earholes!!

I appreciate what you have said, however I'm not trying to turn this into a contest about who is the loudest. All I'm saying is that I never really heard much from the WSU other than a few renditions of AAALLBBIIIOOOON and we're the West Stand. Even when we were quiet in the North there was very little coming from WSU, I'm not saying they weren't making noise but we just couldn't hear it which would suggest it doesn't have the best acoustics.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Two of them live three doors down

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anyone... With booking history

This. However there will be a few fans in our stands with tickets bought by Brighton supporting mates.

There will, of course, be Brighton Season Ticket Holders who still have Chelsea as their first team (not many granted).

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I've got two tickets and my mate coming with me is a Chelsea fan and goes to see them regularly. He has been down to the Amex a couple of times last year and rates the way we play. Today is a friendly and apart from there always a couple of bell ends, hardly a recipe for aggro! Looking forward to it! Come on you blue & whites! (stripes!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The 4,000 in WSU will be uberfans who travel to all the away games and got first dibs , coming back from Albion games in the north if there happens to be any Chelsea fans on the same train as us they are well behaved. I suspect there will be Chelsea fans scattered elsewhere in the ground who know somebody on the database buying a £30 ticket on their behalf.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here