Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4000 away supporters in Brighton

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
This. However there will be a few fans in our stands with tickets bought by Brighton supporting mates.

There will, of course, be Brighton Season Ticket Holders who still have Chelsea as their first team (not many granted).

And if these Chelsea fans get found and chucked out they will lose their season ticket!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I appreciate what you have said, however I'm not trying to turn this into a contest about who is the loudest. All I'm saying is that I never really heard much from the WSU other than a few renditions of AAALLBBIIIOOOON and we're the West Stand. Even when we were quiet in the North there was very little coming from WSU, I'm not saying they weren't making noise but we just couldn't hear it which would suggest it doesn't have the best acoustics.

The WSU BOOMS when they get going , becomes a cacophony when WSL joins in too. Wasn't it at the Burnley game that the East Stand were as loud as the North Stand ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Load of Chelsea 'characters' around the station, don't look like your average replica shirt wearing flag waving fan either !

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The WSU BOOMS when they get going , becomes a cacophony when WSL joins in too. Wasn't it at the Burnley game that the East Stand were as loud as the North Stand ?

I don't disagree that when it gets going it can be loud, but it didn't seem to happy very often, that's all I'm saying. Can't comment on the Burnley game as we were all to busy with our rendition of the Great Escape :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't see how you think their "supporters" from brighton would've got tickets.

To be fair this family go to most Chelsea games. There a quite a few Chelsea fans in mile oak...you just have to see how many get on the train at portlade on a satdi

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I appreciate what you have said, however I'm not trying to turn this into a contest about who is the loudest. All I'm saying is that I never really heard much from the WSU other than a few renditions of AAALLBBIIIOOOON and we're the West Stand. Even when we were quiet in the North there was very little coming from WSU, I'm not saying they weren't making noise but we just couldn't hear it which would suggest it doesn't have the best acoustics.

I agree the're repertory is limited, but once they sing something, even just AALLLLBBBIIOONN, it does drown out anything coming from the north unfortunately.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ some crack me up,plastic Chelsea fans are everywhere and 99% of these fans never watch chelsea play,also 90%+ won't be from brighton end of.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Load of Chelsea 'characters' around the station, don't look like your average replica shirt wearing flag waving fan either !

Got off at lewes at 11 and loads got off. Obviously me and [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] kicked some heads in

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
yeah, how many of the 4000 are from london?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Have I missed it or has anybody mentioned somewhere the possibility of trouble, its been on my mind for some time, 4000 in Brighton on a summer Saturday pissed up the recipe is right for it, hope I am wrong.

saw a dog unit heading down west street.

either john terry's had his muzzle removed or it's unruly chelski fans.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Home tickets, however, were on sale to anyone. Expect plenty of Chelsea amongst the Home support.

nice, it'd have been ok if they were segregated. Unless some haven't been to the footy before.

port vale?

Can never remember Port Vale bringing 4k to us ? I can remember Stoke bringing about that many down when they were relegated.

Do you mean when we took 4k to Port Vale and Watto scored ?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Can never remember Port Vale bringing 4k to us ? I can remember Stoke bringing about that many down when they were relegated.

It was the last home game of the 93/94 season and Port Vale were going up as champs. They brought down about 4000 in a crowd of 15000. It was a party atmosphere as we were celebrating staying up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was the last home game of the 93/94 season and Port Vale were going up as champs. They brought down about 4000 in a crowd of 15000. It was a party atmosphere as we were celebrating staying up.

Remember that match well. Great atmosphere!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That was also a great match. Brilliant view of that free kick. And i remember Dick Knight and Martin Perry in with the fans after the game. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here