Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

400 Albion appearances. Arise Sir Kerry of Mayo.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All hail the GINGER PRINCE. :bowdown:

Seriously, if you've want to WHINE about Kerry's recent performances, debate who should have a contract, explain eloquently why he shouldn't reach 401, take your comments elsewhere.

This thread is to SALUTE a fantastic servant of our beloved club. An Albion FAN, who has worked his nuts off for the cause through good times and bad.

Thanks Kerry :thumbsup:

55923-3.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well I spoke to him afterwards, and he didn't seem to mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit of an insult to let him reach 400 without actually touching the ball in front of a half-empty Withdean in injury time.

I hardly think that will detract from the fact that he has reached 400 games though and I doubt in the future anyone is even gonna remember the circumstances of the 400th game?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Well done Kerry. We need more players willing to give what you have for us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only survivor from what could have been our darkest hour at Hereford.

Congratulations Kezza on your milestone.

:clap:x100 :clap:x100 :clap:x100 :clap:x100

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed congratulations Kerry - a model pro it has to be said. Steve Coppell himself said so.

Even when out the team due to loss of form you havent BLEATED or spat the dummy. I dont hear of you being left out due to disciplanary reasons or whatever, I dont see you stalling on deals (when you were in you prime) thinking something bigger may come along.

Kerry Mayo :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Superb achievement, although the singing block was possibly a bit harsh given his recent personal circumstances, with a chorus of "there's only one Kerry Mayo"

:clap:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
How many other players have played 400+ games for the albion anyone know??

From Tim Carder's book:

566 - Ernie 'Tug' Wilson
491 - Peter O'Sullivan
488 - Norman Gall
466 - Bobby Farrell
443 - Bert Longstaff
436 - Glen Wilson
424 - Des Tennant

and now:

400 - Kerry Mayo

Pretty illustrious company.

He's been a brilliant player for us and he's a top bloke as well

:bowdown:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I can't add anything to what Hiney and TMLS have already said, so I can only second it. Fantastic achievement from a player who makes me very proud to be an Albion fan.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
From Tim Carder's book:

566 - Ernie 'Tug' Wilson
491 - Peter O'Sullivan
488 - Norman Gall
466 - Bobby Farrell
443 - Bert Longstaff
436 - Glen Wilson
424 - Des Tennant

and now:

400 - Kerry Mayo

Pretty illustrious company.

He's been a brilliant player for us and he's a top bloke as well

:bowdown:

8th longest serving player for the albion, thats a hell of an achievement!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Would his Albion career have been cut short if Reinelt had not scored at Hereford?

i doubt it - he looked a good central midfield player the following season and ended up joint top scorer, so he would have done a decent job in the conference - if there was a club, that is. he would have just been tarred with the tag of man who relegated brighton

great achievement for him, happy he got to the 400 in what will probably be his last season with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i doubt it - he looked a good central midfield player the following season and ended up joint top scorer, so he would have done a decent job in the conference - if there was a club, that is. he would have just been tarred with the tag of man who relegated brighton

great achievement for him, happy he got to the 400 in what will probably be his last season with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

I was thinking along the lines of our decent players being cherry picked from non-league obscurity and he was certainly one of the better of that motley crew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here