Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

400 Albion appearances. Arise Sir Kerry of Mayo.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
well done Kerry, nice to see you make one of your season targets!

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
I for one would like to see him run out at Falmer.

Whether (if he were offered a contract) he would wait around with limited first team opportunities, I doubt it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's lucky he's left footed.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It's schoolboy stuff really - local lad goes from being a supporter on the terraces to playing in the first team. He sees our lowest moments, plays home games at four different stadiums, wins back-to-back championships, and plays 400 games.

Well done Kerry, you are truly an Albion legend (even if you never did work out how to have an average game!! ;) )

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
All hail the 'Strawberry Blonde' Prince.

I have just about forgiven him for that infamous 21st minute own goal at Hereford...:O

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I did say I'm sure some of the other youngsters are just as bad as Cox. Of course I've got nothing personal against him, how could I have? I've never met him! I was just pointing out that someone like Mayo who, as a player, I don't like, can still be a model professional even during a season when the manager clearly doesn't want to play him. Oh, and for 11 other years too. That, to me, makes behaviour like Cox's all the more disgusting, because he's been around less than two seasons. Cox throwing a sulk on the same night as Mayo plays for the four hundredth time says it all. If only we could combine Mayo's attitude with talent and potential.....

Yeah, yeah.....like you say. Nothing personal, eh?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He sees our lowest moments, plays home games at four different stadiums

It's been a long day and perhaps I'm being incredibly thick, but 4?

Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean, ??

I have a signed Kerry Mayo shirt (from when the club ran the "Alive & Kicking" scheme) hanging on my bedroom wall from when we played Reading live on Sky on March 21st 2005. Next to it is my signed Ronaldinho shirt, which is probably as close as the two players will ever come.

No doubt that Kerry has been a great servant to the club down the years, but a specific memory of him I have is when we played Derby at Withdean in one of our Championship seasons. It was an awful game, freezing cold and pissing down, deadlocked at 0-0.

In what must have been either the last minute or bloody close to it, Kerry pops up to net the winner and suddenly the rain, cold and dullness of the previous 89 minutes didn't matter in the slightest.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think he's been badly treated by some on here. Sure, he has his limitations but he's a trier and has now played in 400 games, 3 promotions and also our darkest hours.

I hope, when we get falmer, there'll be a game, like his testimonial 'legends' so players like him will get the chance to play in the Promised land.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It's been a long day and perhaps I'm being incredibly thick, but 4?

Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean, ??

if you want to be REALLY pedantic you can count griffin park as a home game from when we played there against brentford in the ldv back in 2001

zego

Jul 10, 2003
He's lucky he's left footed.

So have we been, and still are ...

Top man.

Glad he's back in the side, hope to see him in at least some of the tough away games coming up this month; will need all his experience and never-beaten attitude to help get points out of these, to give a chance to be in the play-offs.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Got his 400 appearances and should be congratulated.

Although hopefully that means Wilkins won't feel obliged to play him anymore and he can head off to Havant and Waterlooville or someone similar...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Really?

I would guess he will be on the bench a few more times this season.

No I don't think he will, I was very shocked to see him on the bench when I saw the team sheet on Tuesday night, and would now expect Cox to take his place on the bench.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Got his 400 appearances and should be congratulated.

Although hopefully that means Wilkins won't feel obliged to play him anymore and he can head off to Havant and Waterlooville or someone similar...

and he can take Gary Hart with him.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Is it (one of) his last appearance(s)?

Well done for the 400 matches. :clap:

Would his Albion career have been cut short if Reinelt had not scored at Hereford?

Yes and no. He was brought on because of his 400th appearance. Fair play to DW.

He was a regular 10 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here