Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

400 Albion appearances. Arise Sir Kerry of Mayo.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Congratulations Kerry. You deserve to be remembered. There was a time when Watson and Mayo were a class act back at the start of the great Albion recovery.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From Tim Carder's book:

566 - Ernie 'Tug' Wilson
491 - Peter O'Sullivan
488 - Norman Gall
466 - Bobby Farrell
443 - Bert Longstaff
436 - Glen Wilson
424 - Des Tennant

and now:

400 - Kerry Mayo

Pretty illustrious company.

He's been a brilliant player for us and he's a top bloke as well

:bowdown:

Shows something about club loyalty nowadays. I've been watching Brighton for 34 years, and only saw O'Sullivan out of that list play.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shows something about club loyalty nowadays. I've been watching Brighton for 34 years, and only saw O'Sullivan out of that list play.

And with an extra 4 years, I can only add Sir Norman Gall.

Great milestone for Kerry and really pleased for him. A true Albion man.

:bowdown::bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Congratulations Kerry. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But you do wonder how it all might have turned it out if Reinelt hadn't equalised at Hereford...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Congratulations Kerry, and thank you.

Sorry I was not at Withdean last night to congratulate you.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Indeed congratulations Kerry - a model pro it has to be said. Steve Coppell himself said so.

Even when out the team due to loss of form you havent BLEATED or spat the dummy. I dont hear of you being left out due to disciplanary reasons or whatever, I dont see you stalling on deals (when you were in you prime) thinking something bigger may come along.

Kerry Mayo :clap2:

Absolutely.

It's a strange thing about Kerry and own goals. He's scored three and we didn't lose any of the the three matches.

All hail the ginger prince.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There was a moment late on when he broke away, I think Murray had the ball, one defender between him and both Forster and Mayo clean through.... just for a second I thought it was going to be a fairy tale. :lol: Sadly not to be... but whatever you think of Mayo, he is a player who would run through walls for the Albion. 400 appearances for any player at one club is a magnificent achievement.

Kerry Mayo :bowdown::ascarf:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Yep, plaudits fully deserved. Congratulations Kerry - a man who could still teach some of the younger players a thing or two about what it is to be a PROFESSIONAL footballer.

:bowdown:

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Congratulations Kerry, will always be the ginger prince of the Albion :albion2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not in terms of talent I hope, but as far as attitude and professionalism jokes like Cox aren't fit to lace his boots. My thoughts on his abilities are well documented on these pages, but in 11 years I've never heard a story relating to him being an ego or poorly disciplined. I know picking on Cox is the easy choice at the moment, and there are one or two other young players this applies to, but it makes the attitudes of some youngsters who've been in the game five minutes all the more disgraceful when you see someone in their twelth year not moaning despite the fact they're a bit-part player at best.

Nice to see that it's nothing personal, this Coxy-hating thing of yours.

Seriously, he DID shag your mum didn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here