Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd (Dead Rubber) Test - Eng v NZ at Clean Slate Headingley, Leeds - 11am

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He just missed a straight one didn’t he? Didn’t swing massively, commentators talking about that like it was absolutely unplayable :shrug:

Can’t see Crawley lasting long out there today, Boult looks fired up.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Boult going for the you miss I hit bowling style, works well with Englands batters it must be said.

Pope castled, 14-2

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Boult is unplayable. Amazing spell of bowling, BUT, you have to ask why Pope is driving at that when he knows the movement he's getting - maybe he felt the only defence was to try to hit Boult off his line through scoring.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tumbling wickets everywhere.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t care how good someone is bowling, the top 3 batsman all being bowled is farcical, the ball is swinging early, play down the line and if it swings enough and takes an edge then so be it, taking big strides at a swinging ball and being bowled is just pathetic

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bairstow is also prone to being bowled through the gate I fear for him v Boult next over.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don’t care how good someone is bowling, the top 3 batsman all being bowled is farcical, the ball is swinging early, play down the line and if it swings enough and takes an edge then so be it, taking big strides at a swinging ball and being bowled is just pathetic

Lees got a jaffa I thought, Pope and Crawley both drove at fresh air.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is going well :lolol:

Root out caught behind, a very unRoot like shot there falling over to the offside and edging behind.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

At least we're nicking them now and not just missing! :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

pope.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What happened to the red ball reset?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Traditionally, for many years, Headingly was always a result pitch, this England innings is what used to happen to the side batting first on Thursday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What happened to the red ball reset?

Looks like they've merged with the white ball team....

I'm not sure what to make of this. Fun to watch. Maybe the best approach in a run chase.

But we are 55-4.

Still, good fun.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
In football terms this England team seem like the Bielsa Leeds type approach.

When it goes well it will look fantastic, one a day like today it looks awful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here