Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd (Dead Rubber) Test - Eng v NZ at Clean Slate Headingley, Leeds - 11am

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As an aside, can anybody please explain why either of the Overton twins are anywhere near the England Test side?

(other than a truckload of actual Test class bowlers being injured, obviously)

I've never seen either of them look anything better than average.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As an aside, can anybody please explain why either of the Overton twins are anywhere near the England Test side?

(other than a truckload of actual Test class bowlers being injured, obviously)

I've never seen either of them look anything better than average.

He's quite tall.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
very unlucky that was called an inside edge... didn't look like it, but there was a massive noise on the pad/foot that made it hard to confirm one way or the other. Unlucky.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Overton to Conway, OUT
Bowled him! 87mph, full length, pushed across the left-hander once more, who clatters into the drive, and clatters that habitual inside-edge back into his own timbers! A massive moment for the debutant, and precisely the incision he had been picked for, making a difference when a partnership was just developing

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
very unlucky that was called an inside edge... didn't look like it, but there was a massive noise on the pad/foot that made it hard to confirm one way or the other. Unlucky.

You feel whichever way it was given on the field, it wouldn’t have been overturned. The correct way of having 3rd Umpire/VAR/TMO.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I am a massive BJ Watling fan, NZ just don't seem the same team without him.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
55.2 Leach to Nicholls, OUT
Drives down the ground... and he's caught off Mitchell's bat at mid-off! Oh my days, what a way to get out! That's going straight in the what happened next round of Question of Sport
Leach has no idea what just happened, but he's getting mobbed by his team-mates, as they celebrate a bizarre dismissal with the final ball before tea

Henry Nicholls c Lees b Leach 19 (99b 1x4 0x6) SR: 19.19

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here