Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd (Dead Rubber) Test - Eng v NZ at Clean Slate Headingley, Leeds - 11am

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That was poor from Stokes.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Stokes gone 55-5

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the clue was in the thread title. Dead Rubber. England mailing it in as they anticipate a nice round of golf on Sunday.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Taking the piss out of people who have paid good money for their Tickets thinking they would be watching some Test Cricket...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That was poor from Stokes.
I think it was mentioned the other day, that sort of play looks lovely when it comes off, not so good when you are 274 behind and 4 wickets down and it doesn't come off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we lost our 6th wicket after 11.5 overs. This is the fastest we have lost 6 wickets in a home test in the history of test cricket.

The stat must have been 'the EARLIEST' England have lost 6 wickets (i.e. from the start of an innings), rather than 'the FASTEST' they have lost six wickets. There have definitely been collapses of six wickets (or more) in less overs in the grim past.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The stat must have been 'the EARLIEST' England have lost 6 wickets (i.e. from the start of an innings), rather than 'the FASTEST' they have lost six wickets. There have definitely been collapses of six wickets (or more) in less overs in the grim past.

Probably against the WIndies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Probably against the WIndies.

We used to bat long against them. Just didn't get decent totals. Too much time ducking bouncers.

That Ambrose rampage final innings in Port of Spain excepted.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We're be made to follow on, rack up a huge 2nd Innings score and bowl them out to win by 2 runs. That's the new England !

We don't want to be batting last on that wicket. Clever.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
How come they now seem to change the ball every 20 overs or so? It’s getting ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here