Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3941 - Crawley v Barrow

A fantastic crowd at the Broadfield today.
Highest gate in Blue Square Premier today & I believe Crawley's highest league gate.
The euphoria of the FA Cup trip seems to have continued with two home gates of over 3000 since the trip to Old Trafford.

I wonder where these new fans have come from?
Locals who have never followed a league club?
South Londerners or would be Albion fans who cannot/don't want to visit Withdean.

Either way if Crawley can regularly attract these sort of crowds against teams who bring no away support then I think they will do very well in League 2 & possibly higher?

A team very much on the up & good competition for the Albion to stay at least a notch further up the ladder than our north Sussex cousins.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Who was it on here having a dig about Crawley fans the other week, saying stuff about how all those who went to Old Trafford will disappear again as quickly as they appeared.

A big slice of humble pie being eaten I assume.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What is the capacity of the broadfield stadium.4000 tops is my guess.

So how can they afford to buy the players they do with the wages that would follow & still
be financially viable.They may well get promoted this season & given their budget get promoted again
but surely sooner or later they will have to balance the books.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
What is the capacity of the broadfield stadium.4000 tops is my guess.

So how can they afford to buy the players they do with the wages that would follow & still
be financially viable.They may well get promoted this season & given their budget get promoted again
but surely sooner or later they will have to balance the books.

4996 - but with extra stewards it can be raised.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Doesn't it have to be 6000 minimum when they reach the football league?

I don't dispute they have the capacity to be a league 2/1 side.My argument is that this pre season they spent more on players than Newcastle united.Brodie & tubbs cost close on 500,000 between them,that is without what their other acquisitions cost.

Unless crawley have big plans to move to a big stadium they need to join the real world & live to your means.

If they make it to league 1 maybe they could ground share with the Albion,if only they had not turned there back on
us when we needed a home.*****

I do believe palace reserves played some games at the broadfield .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, they definitely had 4k plus against Weymouth in the Conference South, get your facts right dude.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No humble pie, it's pretty easy to turn out when your team's winning every week.

Let's say Crawley somehow cocked this up and failed to be promoted. Crowds would soon be back down to more usual levels.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I suspect they are nicking more off Palace and Chelsea than us

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know, but I guess what I'm really trying to say is "who cares?"

Crawley aren't nicking fans off us, not when we're both having such good seasons, I doubt they're really nicking them off anyone apart from the sort of Premier League rent-a-fan who typically spends Saturday watching SkySports in the pub. There's not much else to do in Crawley on a weekend is there?

Feel free to go and high five around the Crawley Town forum- is there one??- we're just not interested on here thanks.

Lamps

Dec 30, 2008
Tenterden, Kent.
I went along to watch Crawley yesterday purely because I couldn't get to MK. It was a good day out and for £14 to see 5 goals and end to end football I enjoyed myself minus the rain. I lost count on how many chelski, liverpool and man u scarfs and tops I saw. I'd definitely go along again if I can't get to a Brighton away day, its just a shame all their fans sound like mockneys :D Jokiiiing.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I know, but I guess what I'm really trying to say is "who cares?"

Crawley aren't nicking fans off us, not when we're both having such good seasons, I doubt they're really nicking them off anyone apart from the sort of Premier League rent-a-fan who typically spends Saturday watching SkySports in the pub. There's not much else to do in Crawley on a weekend is there?

Feel free to go and high five around the Crawley Town forum- is there one??- we're just not interested on here thanks.

Speak for yourself, i quite like hearing about goings on at crawley as do others on here.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
I don't dispute they have the capacity to be a league 2/1 side.My argument is that this pre season they spent more on players than Newcastle united.Brodie & tubbs cost close on 500,000 between them,that is without what their other acquisitions cost.

Unless crawley have big plans to move to a big stadium they need to join the real world & live to your means.

If they make it to league 1 maybe they could ground share with the Albion,if only they had not turned there back on
us when we needed a home.*****

I do believe palace reserves played some games at the broadfield .

This is complete bullshit. Brodie cost £150,000, its a rumour from lower league fans ie Luton and Cambridge that are jealous of the Crawley revolution. Tubbs only cost £75,00, which again is a decent amount, but thats only £225,000 rather than your half a mill nonsense. Crawley spent £500,000 total on all their players and have a weekly wage bill of £13000 which really does show what a good state they are financially when getting nearly 4000 crowds.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm more interested in Southwick and Shorehams attendances, thats PROPER non-league footy not the shite Crawley serve up!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here